2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was searching the Internet for solutions how to replace my factory satnav radio with a double din Head Unit. I discovered following web page about the GA Net Bus:

[WORKING!] Hacking the GA-NET (IEBus) to get touchscreen coordinates - Others

and this led me to this very interesting Thread on the Accura forum.

[WORKING!] Hacking the GA-NET (IEBus) to get touchscreen coordinates - AcuraZine Community.

The guys from the Accura forum where searching for a way to use the factory touchscreen to control a carputer. The result was a quite simple atmel based controller to sniff the GA Net Protokoll and finally to control the carputer via touchscreen.

My idea was to sniff the protocoll and to create a Database. The Database could be used by an µcontroller for input and output purposes, and by the way solve the Problem of the missing HU.

What do you guys think? Is their interest to start such a project for the Fx?

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Such a sniffer. Bet you like sniffer dogs. ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyway what`s wrong with you, "mates"? Your behavior is not acceptable! Is this xenophobia. because I live in Germany? Feel free to critisize me if I did something wrong. But stumbeling stupid comments won`t bring anyone further. I think I signed up in the wrong forum. I want to create something and not like you "mates" spread their narrow minded and degenerated ideology.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Anyway what`s wrong with you, "mates"? Your behavior is not acceptable! Is this xenophobia. because I live in Germany? Feel free to critisize me if I did something wrong. But stumbeling stupid comments won`t bring anyone further. I think I signed up in the wrong forum. I want to create something and not like you "mates" spread their narrow minded and degenerated ideology.

I think the playful nature of the above comments were lost in translation, I don't think they were trying to offend you.

Some people just feel the need to comment on everything, im talking to you Stevey :p

What your talking about is technical and involves computer coding there isn't really any threads on here about that sort of thing, I understand the basics of what your suggesting but as most people wouln't have a clue how to go about it.

People on the forum have come up with some clever solutions using control boxes and leads I would image you could configure it to use a carputer,

Look here;
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/54913-sale-control-box-video-reversing-camera.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/51028-video-cables-reversing-camera-etc.html

May save you some time and a lot of coding.

Reactions: FWH and Bog

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hold on!! Xenophobia!! Are you being serious... They were having a joke because they are not techy and do not understand what you are talking about :(

I do and have looked at the GA-net and personally think its a lot of effort to get working... Fun if you gave time and money :)

But would look great if you could control a carputer via the oem jog dial. Personally, my iPhone displayed via the navigation screen is just as powerful as a carputer :).

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/1099139-post17.html

:)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I don't think they were trying to offend you.
I really don't think so either. I don't see anything wrong with any of those posts, I think there is just some overreaction and "lost in translation" going on here.

:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Typing at the same time lol

I think the playful nature of the above comments were lost in translation, I don't think they were trying to offend you.

Some people just feel the need to comment on everything, im talking to you Stevey :p

What your talking about is technical and involves computer coding there isn't really any threads on here about that sort of thing, I understand the basics of what your suggesting but as most people wouln't have a clue how to go about it.

People on the forum have come up with some clever solutions using control boxes and leads I would image you could configure it to use a carputer,

Look here;
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/54913-sale-control-box-video-reversing-camera.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/51028-video-cables-reversing-camera-etc.html

May save you some time and a lot of coding.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
What he is talking about is a box/gadget (very expensive!) that when on can make the cars oem buttons control a PC etc via USB... Makes the controls on the HU like a keyboard/mouse.
I preferred FWH's answer as I understood that one lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I must apologize for my reaction. I`m an electrical engineer so this is my daily business. Using mostly technical forums I forgot that it might be a problem to understand my thread for people not envolved in that area. It`s scary because I just realized that I turned into a complete Nerd.
Later, I`ll try to explain my intent in an easy way.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Palmodos, I have no idea what you mean but it sounds interesting. If you're going to pursue this I look forward to the results. Good effort, I think... ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.