2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have unwrapped my new pressure washer today ready to get snow foaming!

Just about to order a foam lance and some foam. Just looking around at the different types, some are just snow foam and some snow wax. Is it just a case of you get one of the other or is the snow wax meant to be used to give it a layer of wax AFTER the car has been well cleaned?

Any recommendations on lances and foams?

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
So i have unwrapped my new pressure washer today ready to get snow foaming!

Just about to order a foam lance and some foam. Just looking around at the different types, some are just snow foam and some snow wax. Is it just a case of you get one of the other or is the snow wax meant to be used to give it a layer of wax AFTER the car has been well cleaned?

Any recommendations on lances and foams?
not sure on the wax bit but I use autobrites hd lance and magifoam, very popular and a good bit of kit

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that link to detailing world! Decided to go for their package with some magifoam!

Now i want a nice wet week so driving round the lanes gets the CTS filthy ready for its first foaming next weekend ;)

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Of course but on the occasion when its filthy and i dont have the time to give it a proper clean and dry it must be pretty useful to get it looking opresentable in ~5mins?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I snow foamed my car for the first time at the weekend - wasn't really needing cleaned, but I wanted to try out my new pressure washer & snow foam lance :)

What dirt there was on the car came off with just the foam & a rinse with the pressure washer, so it will be useful for the occasions when the car is only slightly dirty, or as a pre-wash for when a better clean is needed.

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
I snow foamed my car for the first time at the weekend - wasn't really needing cleaned, but I wanted to try out my new pressure washer & snow foam lance :)

What dirt there was on the car came off with just the foam & a rinse with the pressure washer, so it will be useful for the occasions when the car is only slightly dirty, or as a pre-wash for when a better clean is needed.
Exactly ;)

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Remember its only a pre wash process NOT a stand alone one.
You will still need to get out your buckets and MF wash pad/mitt
Depends on the snow foam. I find with Rae Chem very often I don't need to wash.

It all depends how dirty it is though.

I'd say I wash 10-15% of the time only.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Bloody hell that foam lasts on car. 1 1/2 hours later there is some snow foam left on street in a small pot hole. I didnt have get a few looks and people asking what is it

It shifted dirt on my car mind you wasnt all that dirty. I just swirled it down but dont think I use it every wash

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Bloody hell that foam lasts on car. 1 1/2 hours later there is some snow foam left on street in a small pot hole. I didnt have get a few looks and people asking what is it

It shifted dirt on my car mind you wasnt all that dirty. I just swirled it down but dont think I use it every wash
nice one good fun eh, :snowwave:

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
doing mine tomorrow, how much megifoam did you use? From what i have seen people day about an inch in the autobrite bottle and then top it up with warm water then off you go. I also notice there's two options i guess one is flow rate.

Left my car for two weeks now so shes nice and dirty so i will see how it goes:D

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
doing mine tomorrow, how much megifoam did you use? From what i have seen people day about an inch in the autobrite bottle and then top it up with warm water then off you go. I also notice there's two options i guess one is flow rate.

Left my car for two weeks now so shes nice and dirty so i will see how it goes:D
hi regan, put 1" in the bottom and fill it with warm/hot water but only fill it just above half otherwise its too much for 1 car and it will just be sitting in the bottle until you use it next.

unless you really want to cover it about 3" thick then put 2" in and fill it up to the top, but really no need

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.