2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
So thought it would be a laugh to post some picks of my car in the snow, this is the first time my FN1 has been snowed on! Feel free to join in with pics of your car's, some pick below are taken on my cctv system. Hope to get some better pics in the morning.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
no fun this end today...............

-6 this morning and a dead battery:scream1:

now £60 lighter in my wallet and snowed in ...[smilie=holyshit.gi:

·
DervDemon
204 Posts
2 hours to drive about 6 miles tonight - what better way to spend a Saturday eve!

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
im dissapointed with civic today , kept getting stuck in snow . had to switch VSA off but eventually got stuck and car kept sliding down until it hit a kerb .

eventually had to get an audi quattro to pull me out !! saw other cars pulling away with no problems .

what tyres do people use . i got michellins on at the moment but i think the compound are crap . thinking of dunlops ?

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
what tyres do people use . i got michellins on at the moment but i think the compound are crap . thinking of dunlops ?
If they're summer tyres then they won't be of a suitable compound for this weather, I swaped my wheels round for some with winter tyres on thankfully.

·
Supporter
641 Posts
We've got a few inches in hull, nothing major. First time I've driven the civic in the snow and it handled fine, didn't even have to turn the vsa off to get moving. It handled a lot better than my old mondeo which would slide if it even looked at a corner.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
im dissapointed with civic today , kept getting stuck in snow . had to switch VSA off but eventually got stuck and car kept sliding down until it hit a kerb .

eventually had to get an audi quattro to pull me out !! saw other cars pulling away with no problems .

VSA actually helps unless you're totally stuck. I doubt you'd have slid into the kerb with VSA on.

Also, small throttle openings are the flavour of the day. The Civic is good at spinning wheels in the dry from a standing start so on snow / ice you have to be extra careful.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Anyone witness to any horrendous snow driving from other motorists?

I saw:

1. A man driving along the curb - possibly drunk or being visually impaired

2. People driving with harzard lights on - so you didn't know when they would turn, stop or crash

3. People tailgating me.

4. People driving insanely slowly 5mph so you risked getting stuck at every opportunity.

5. Finally not driving related, but people spilling out of clubs and bars and walking in the middle of the road despite presence of approaching traffic!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Got into work this morning no probs in my lil Jazz, better than my civics of old would have done. Entire site snowed in so nowt to do and highly unlikely that anyone will pay a visit. 5hrs of 'fun' left.....

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Anyone witness to any horrendous snow driving from other motorists?

I saw:

1. A man driving along the curb - possibly drunk or being visually impaired

2. People driving with harzard lights on - so you didn't know when they would turn, stop or crash

3. People tailgating me.

4. People driving insanely slowly 5mph so you risked getting stuck at every opportunity.

5. Finally not driving related, but people spilling out of clubs and bars and walking in the middle of the road despite presence of approaching traffic!
You might think this was a stupid idea but I overtook a car last night as it was doing 25mph in a 60 and the roads weren't that bad. It was a slow overtake with slow acceleration and they he had the nerve to flash me when I did. + he was holding up a mile long queue of people.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I did a few careful overtakes, especially the people crawling along and the guy bumping along the curve. But I did flash one bloke who overtook me in an MPV, but only because he was tailgating me, <3m gap, and I basically pulled over to let him past and to vent my frustration at him driving like a penis.

·
Registered
669 Posts
vsa is amazing!!!

·
Learner
271 Posts
Crawled to M4 at 15-20 mph.
Once on, 30mph has never felt so fast !

A few taps of the go pedal for amusement when nobody was around, made an interesting drive.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.