2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've took winter wheels off today....so its bound to snow now ;-) Put the blades back on and noticed lots of peeling laquer :-( amazing looking wheels but totally crappy finish......I will have to keep the pressure washer away hmmm

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
The forecasts we get are slightly reliable for 12 hours, vaguely reliable for 24 hours, and that's as good as it gets.

Long term forecasts (3 days) can sometimes highlight probable major trends, but not always.

Greater than 3 days are just people guessing, and normally trying to find fame or money in doing so.

There you go!

I work on the basis that it takes me 45 minutes to do a wheel change, so if it looks like snow coming I can always change them back.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Having got used to the 16" wheels and tyres, I was pleased to get the intended feel of the car with the 18" back on....... crashy , noisy and back breaking but handles a heap better with brand new rubber on the front :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Having got used to the 16" wheels and tyres, I was pleased to get the intended feel of the car with the 18" back on....... crashy , noisy and back breaking but handles a heap better with brand new rubber on the front :)
this is what i am dreading

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
18 degrees today, decided to take the winters off. Hopefully it will get rid of the vibrations I've had in the car lately.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Well when I bought the car it always pulled to the left and the steering wheel didn't sit straight. Took it back and they corrected the pull and nearly sort the wheel. the techie told me he had done it by driving done a straight road and altering the track rod ends.

Anyway a few weeks after I started to feel and hear vibrations at high speed mainly from the left hand side, got it checked by the dealers and they put it down to the actually winter tyres.

Summer tyres back on the vibrations have gone but the noise is still there, I'm thinking it might be wheel bearing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.