2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CRV has performed faultlessly again in the snow tonight. Rescued a few people and took them home after their rear wheel drive cars (Merc and BMW) got completely stuck on the slightest of slopes.

The CRV just kept going wherever I pointed it. Superb car

·
Registered
15 Posts
The CRV has performed faultlessly again in the snow tonight. Rescued a few people and took them home after their rear wheel drive cars (Merc and BMW) got completely stuck on the slightest of slopes.

Agreed, first experience with the car in snow last night and today. Very pleased, deliberating trying to challenge the traction and couldnt find anything that wasn't dealt with easily.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts

Watch a couple of Mercs and BMW make real hard work of the snow near me today... quite funny :)

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
It is mostly down to the tyres. CR-V comes with sensible semi off road type tyres

some merc,bmw,volvo,audi come with full blown summer tyres that are just useless in the white stuff

·
Registered
167 Posts
I could find you endless reviews with slating its 'off road' ability, mostly just repeated parrot fashion from one to the other from people that have never actually tried its ability.

It may not go up the Amazon but in the REAL WORLD conditions in this, and many other countries it copes easily and thats ALL that matters. As mentioned the tyres are key, the Dunlops are fine, I have been looking forward to a chance to try my new Continental Contact tyres (M&S like the Dunlops) and they have been just as good in the snow.

Enjoy everyone! .....this is why so many CR-V's are used as paramedic rapid response vehicles in the UK, big boot, good all year handling and all weather ability.

·
Registered
155 Posts
first winter snow with my cr v. incredible! forgive me for being over exuberant but I've never had so much confidence when going out. i found myself looking for the snow!

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Had mine for 6 winters now, simply a great car on snow. Never got stuck, even in extreme
conditions!
What is little known is that when traction gets challenging the CRV puts the power though
ANY of the 4 wheels with VSA on.
Mine runs on 16" M & S wrangler tyres - a great combination to handle 378lbs ft torque in the snow! :D

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Vehicle Stability Assist.....When a wheel starts to slip the brake slows down the rotation until it grips again! Independently on any of the 4 corners.
A yellow dash light flashes when this is occurring.

I can get this to happen on wet roads on mine due to the massive power.

Reactions: drummerboy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Its snowing? Where? None in Central Scotland! :worms: CR-V coped admirably during the winter of 2010-2011, with the standard 18" Dunlops, and that was getting up early to take my daughter around her paper run before any other vehicles had been out, including gritters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.