2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really worth it?

Read a few reviews that say its good, but some people say its just a gimmick? So, whats your opinion?

Im considering getting some, got a karcher pressure washer, so just need the attachment and foam dont i? Whats good, what do you use etc?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
If your serious about keeping your paint clean ad scratchfree, then its a MUST
+1 & lots of fun, when it's not windy;

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
I thought the same question so in the end I had to go for it and try, I must say i wouldn't be without it now. Sometimes I don't even have to wash the after I've foamed it but bare in mind some foams are useless regarding there cleaning properties, that is not the case for autobrites magifoam, one of the best out there

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Depends on the fitment.. You will need to look at the shape and compare it to the types available
Yeah if its B&Q's own brand it will probably be a major manufacturer and be rebranded. That said you need to check that they haven't altered the fitment slightly.

There are some fitment pictures in the link above:

New Foam Lance Group Buy!! The one you will remember!! By Autobrite Direct! - Detailing World

You could also try asking the Autobrite about it as the chances are they've been asked about such a model before.

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
I thought the same question so in the end I had to go for it and try, I must say i wouldn't be without it now. Sometimes I don't even have to wash the after I've foamed it but bare in mind some foams are useless regarding there cleaning properties, that is not the case for autobrites magifoam, one of the best out there
Agreed & Autobrite Magifoam is excellent as is their Super Snow foam. At the moment I am using Elite's snow foam as it was a gift from my Greek friend who bought too much & his bags weighed a tonne when he had to go home, thanks Kostas ;)

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
very worth-while step imo, as long as you don't expect miracles from it (it won't give you a 100% clean car..) thorough rinsing is a must too, several minutes not just a quick blast..

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I love my foamlance. I opted for the Bilt Hamber snowfoam and I can't complain - but I'll definately try the Magifoam next due to the reviews it gets on Civinfo particularly.

It won't get your car spotless, but when doing a full wash it's going to go a long way to reducing chances of paint damage - and it's a lot of fun.

Bit of wind makes it annoying, especially for my neighbour when her car ends up looking like the Stay Puft marshmellow man has taken a dump from a great height onto her car...

Also, if you want to give your car a really quick blast (I've done this before after a fishing trip to get rid of the majority of the muck when I don't have the time or the weather for a proper wash) you can just foam it up, let it dwell then rinse it off. That will get rid of all the proper muck and will just leave you with a bit of a grimy film depending on how well your car has been protected in the recent past.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
both for me, ive tried foaming a dirty car without rinsing first and not seen any difference in the foams effectivness so i've stuck to rinsing first
i find it runs off the car far easier though when pre rinsed therefore reducing the time for the cleaning agents in the foam to fully work, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
guess it depends what foam you're using, how much water:foam, lance setting, flow rate of pressure washer etc. lots of variables :)
yes understand all that but tried it both ways on all the same settings and foam definately clings/sticks better to a dry car, well for me anyway.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Great in the winter as a way to keep the car reasonably clean without going through a complete wash. When the car is wet and dirty, I snowfoam it and watch all the black salty crud run to the ground with the foam. 20 minutes every week or two is all it takes until the real cleaning weather returns

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
yes understand all that but tried it both ways on all the same settings and foam definately clings/sticks better to a dry car, well for me anyway.
Agreed, I don't generally pre rinse the car, unless it has loads of thick crud on it (only been like that once). I've tried both ways & agree with Wayne that the foam clings longer on a dry car. Each to their own, horses for courses blah blah blah ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.