2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get another transponder for my 'spare' key? It's the part that you have to desolder and move nearer the ignition in the flip key.

Having got a flip key housing and just got the key blade cut I managed to break the transponder while desoldering it from the pcb on my spare key. :oops: I used to be quite proficient at soldering about 10 years ago when studying electronics at Uni. Apparently the magic has left the building.

No spare that will start the engine and no flip key. Yes, I still have one more key but I'm not having one more go! Not at £150 for a replacement from Honda. Please, can anyone tell me where I can source another? I can't find any online from Maplins or RS so far....

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I think you will have to buy it from Honda, and then get a dealer with a HDS machine to then code the key to the car.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Its a new key from honda i am afraid!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
OH thats gonna sting , giving Honda the cash

·
Registered
16 Posts
new transponder

If you check through the post flip key there was someone who broke theres they bought a second hand key of e bay used the transponder of that circuit board and put it on to theres and it worked they payed £10,00 for the key they said that the code was stored in the circuit board and only sent through the transponder when the key was in the ignition would be worth a try before you pay i think close to £200 pounds by the time honda has re programed your key:idea: its page 36 of who whats a flip key posted half way down page .

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
That was me... Worked a treat... Trust me. The Transponder is not coded to the individual Car - the Microprocessor on the 'board is matched to the car and it sends the code to the transponder.

A transponder from any compatible Honda Key will word and as soon as you solder it up to you current electronics you'll be right.

-H

This one would do the job:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-REPLACEMENT-KEY-FOB-ACCORD-CIVIC-CR-V-JAZZ_W0QQitemZ190235222511QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190235222511

or this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNCUT-HONDA-ACCORD-CIVIC-JAZZ-CRV-ACCORD-REMOTE-KEY-FOB_W0QQitemZ220254253310QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220254253310

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...and everything seems better with the world this morning. Thanks for the advice. I figured last night that the transponder device itself is only IO, and the clever stuff should be on the board. Great to have it confirmed though, especially from Harlequin who has done it successfully. I will be picking a spare up from eBay.

I think to sum up, my confidence exceeds my ability this time, or as top Gear would put it, ambitious but rubbish!

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
What a wonderful illustration of the magic of this forum. Result !! :)

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bingo, that saved me a few bob. Spare arrived yesterday, soldered up rather more carefully this time and I'm now the happy owner of a Flip Key, thanks for the help :D

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Dashfixer reprogram keys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts