2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my CTR in to the dealers today to get a very annoying squeak in the dash fixed, After about an Hour and a half a very nice young lady returnmy keys telling me "they have replaced part of the dash and after the check drive the squeak had gone".
so off i go happy as larry 10 second's in the car and its still squeaking just as bad as when it went in :(also nothing looks as if it has been touched, Apart from the damage that has been done to the Plastic cover on the A pilar(which is nowhere near the squeak). They are 2 nic's in the plastic where were deffinatley not there when i dropped it off:mad::mad::mad:.
so off back to the dealer i went to complain. After speaking to the manager, he told me "that he would have to ask the chappie who did the work whats gone on?, but hes not here right now". I only dropped the car off 3 hrs ago where the hell has he gone. well no apology and i'll ring you on monday was the come back from the manager.

Thanks for Nowt and i shall not be dropping this.....:mad::mad: i've only had the car 2 flippin weeks ooooo im soooo angry.

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Honda dealers, ya gota love them!

keep at them, don't let them get away with it.

·
Administrator
19,173 Posts
Sorry to hear your problem.

Yep don't let it drop.

Keep at them until they give you a satisfactory answer and result.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Damage

Let us know how you get on.:(

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
And that is why going to the dealers is a last resort for me, I don't even trust them to do a service correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
go out for a drive with a mechanic so they can hear the noise

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. What feeble excuse did they come up with as to why they left your car damaged??

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I had the same issue and yes you guessed it another champ white

Hi there

sorry to hear that you having problems with your new Honda, just to say that I had the same issue after the local dealer fitter a retrofit bluetooth kit, I also had a rattle which was not there before they started the job, after several visits to the dealer I just give up.

The same response everytime what rattle ? only prolem was that it was a bit random it was a bit more noticeable on a hot day when the car was fully warmed up.

Also I found that the boot lid was not alligned correctly and was higher on the offside than the nearside, so again they a quality issue at the factory no wonder Honda UK are struggling.

So keep at them hope you get it resolved soon.:(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi, really sorry to hear about your rattle. I've done this a couple of times with dealers before and I have to say nothing works better than video evidence. I even with my last BMW (rather annoyingly for my dealer and very satifyingly for me) made them up a very pretty DVD with a printed front cover and handed it over to the service manager and said, watch this. It always works as they cannot then deny that they heard it it, even if (sods law applying) when you drop it off it has disappeared for the day. See my thread here, my squeek was driving me bonkers, it would be good to know if your problem was in a similar place to mine and sounded the same. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2009-civic/26977-new-civic-first-400-mile-report.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts