2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bit of spare time this afternoon and started trawling the net. Anyway, I found the following article from AutoExpress (not new I know) but I wanted to share it here........to quote -

"Surprised? Don’t be. Not only is the Type R the highest-placed hot hatch here, but it also finishes ahead of the Lamborghini and the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. It’s that good.

There are quicker and more comfortable rivals, yet few can match the Civic Type R’s engaging nature. It’s a car that simply becomes more enjoyable the longer you spend behind wheel.

True, the normally aspirated 2.0-litre VTEC engine produces only 198bhp. But as Honda points out, a great hot hatch isn’t only about statistics. What’s impressive about the unit is the way in which it deploys its power. It’s punchy low down, yet take it above 5,400rpm and it comes alive, before screaming all the way up to the red line.

A snappy gearchange makes it easy to keep the unit at its peak, while the high-pitched engine note adds to the hot hatch experience. It’s fair to say the Civic can be a pretty frantic machine – however, it really excels on A and B-roads, thanks to the superbly responsive steering and communicative chassis. In fact, the Type R is sublime, with great traction, balance and precision.

It lived up to these standards on the test track as well. Although the steering could do with a bit more feedback, the resolute way in which it held a line going into corners was excellent. And with practically no body roll, the Honda always felt stable and reassuring – even when going through the Anglesey circuit’s fastest bends.

What comes across most about the hot Honda is how the major components – engine, suspension, chassis, gearbox, steering – work in such harmony. Add them together, and you’ve got the best of the breed."

So that's why I bought one............:p:p:p ;).

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
I love mine so far and loved it the minute I test drove one but - having already bought it - reading the reviews they seemed to say it wasn't as good as I thought it was.

I still don't understand why some mags (like evo for example) don't really rate the Type R...

Totally agree with the comments in the review above though! :)

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Me too, I gotta stay off the type r section as I keep getting tempted lol
Thats half my problem mate, I loved them when they first came out and thought hmmm maybe oneday, I then found this site and got on the Type-R Section and it then make me start thinking about having to own one.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
I did it.. and so have many many others in the last month! I think the 3yrs 0% credit must have been a pursuading factor for many too!

Best thing I did was to make the switch to the R!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did it.. and so have many many others in the last month! I think the 3yrs 0% credit must have been a pursuading factor for many too!

Best thing I did was to make the switch to the R!
Just looking on the Honda site and they have special offers for 5.9% APR over 3 years (PCP) with 10% deposit or 0% over 2 years with 35% deposit (HP). Was that 3 year 0% a deal for September that has now ended?

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Just looking on the Honda site and they have special offers for 5.9% APR over 3 years (PCP) with 10% deposit or 0% over 2 years with 35% deposit (HP). Was that 3 year 0% a deal for September that has now ended?
Yes you are correct mate, on 1st October it changed to 2 years 0% with 35% deposit. The 5.9% PCP with 10% Deposit is still a good deal, and one I am hoping to take up...

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
You need to get in soon, Honda haven't got much stock left.

No standard Type R GT, and 9 Type R GT with Sat Nav in red (it was 10 before I went in on Sunday :D), and no more production til next year apparently.

Really your relying on what's hanging about in dealer stock. I know where there's a CW Type R if anyones interested.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Yes you are correct mate, on 1st October it changed to 2 years 0% with 35% deposit. The 5.9% PCP with 10% Deposit is still a good deal, and one I am hoping to take up...
Correct!

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I did test drive a black one and it looked amazing, but red was the colour I wanted.

I've always made the sensible choice with cars as long as they looked good, this time just went for the full monty. Type R with sat nav, who cares about the petrol and insurance.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
I was told today Ken that there was only 5 with the Nav left and I needed to act fast, will be ringing in the morning to confirm availablity and hopefully come to an agreement on a deal...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts