2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

....and this has replaced it:

It is a 2001 (facelift) 530i Sport Auto with Black Leather - oh, and it only has 62k on the clock (1k of which I've done ;)). I'm loving it :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did you fall on hard times and had to sell the civic and buy a cheaper car;)[smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif]

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm commuting to London next year, so most of my time will be on the train :(

As such, I thought it a waste to have a 2.2 diesel on the drive when I could save a few quid and get a rather tasty noise :)

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Did you P/X?

If so, I bet the dealer thought christmas come early and about bit your hand off... :deal:

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah, sold privately.

The Honda was still under Honda Warranty, so selling was easy. The BM was being traded in by a family friend who knew I was after something Bavarian, so offered it to me for the same price it was going to be traded for :)

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Few new pics - thought I'd share them with Civinfo too:

Well after not having cleaned it for a while it seemed a little overdue:

I forgot to take pictures of the rest of the car - but that picture alone probably gives you an impression of what it was like :(

So, with some assistance:

We set about cleaning it. That was actually before the clean, and shows what a good job silver paintwork and a phone camera do of hiding dirt ;)

Anyway, after cleaning all the wheels to this standard (getting rid of the baked on brakedust and tar spots - these are 10 year old wheels on their original coat of paint...):

We set about the rest of the car. At this point I got rather engrossed and didn't take any further pictures until we'd finished cleaning and the use of some Autoglym super resin polish:

We also set about cleaning up the tailpipe - original exhaust, 10 years old and we (and by we, I mean one of my helpers - thanks sis!) got this out of it:

After that we applied some Collinite wax to it, so a few gratuitous reflection shots:

Hard work, but ultimately worth it I think!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
It looks alright :p

Haha just kiddin mate the cleaning has come up really good. Hard work paid off ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts