2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the time has come for me to part with my much loved mugenised
fn2,i have enjoyed the past year of owing it but just fancy a change but the big question is what do i go for next?
thinking about a bmw 123d coupe has anyone got any other ideas on what to change for?
dont get me wrong the civic is an awesome car but i just get bored quickly and its time for something else
its been a fun car to own and i am glad i got it in the first place
jay

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Many many cars out there fella. Do you have kids? Need 4 seats? Want a hot hatch like the FN2 or a powerful up family car? So many variables to consider.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kids yes but thats not a problem as i have a everyday normal car,
like the rwd idea of the bmw 123d but like you say there is so much out there

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Why not get an s2000 :) What your used to with the civic but RWD. First thing that popped into my head as you said you have a kid car covered.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
so the time has come for me to part with my much loved mugenised
fn2,i have enjoyed the past year of owing it but just fancy a change but the big question is what do i go for next?
thinking about a bmw 123d coupe has anyone got any other ideas on what to change for?
dont get me wrong the civic is an awesome car but i just get bored quickly and its time for something else
its been a fun car to own and i am glad i got it in the first place
jay
I've had a 123d hatch. Quickish car.

How about the 125i? Loved mine. 6 cylinder engine in a small car was great.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
You can get the N54 in the 1 series coupe, the original 135i. Cracking car and goes really well as standard.

If you go for the hatch of the same era, then you are looking at the 130i.

Personally I think you would be underwhelmed with the 123d. That is if the point of you changing is just that you are bored and you aren't just looking for diesel economy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the running cost is not a problem,a 135i sounds like a good idea,the 123d was just something that was on the short list of what to have when i was looking for my last car(i got the type r ) i may end up keeping it yet lol

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Don't get a dirty diesel..... I predict diesels are going to get hit with lots of tax/emission penalties very soon..... stick with Petrol if you can. I am also looking to move on from my FN2.... but I'm struggling to find anything that is so perfectly setup with the mix of performance when you want it and daily driving... The only car I keep going back to is the new Type R....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats the problem with the type r,its just so good for everyday use and it can put a smile on your face when you want it to:wink3:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I brought my Mrs an E350 Mercedes with 270 BHP, its as fast as a CTR if not faster. 3 ltr, V6, twin turbo diesel, its so smooth and comfortable, so quick! More economical than a CTR and better built, on the negative side they are around £17k for a nice one with low miles from the Merc dealer.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Depends on how outlandish you want to go! Do you want a new(ish) car or would something older do you? If you've already got a sensible everyday car why not go for something which is a bit more uncompromising like an S2000 (loved the one I had) or a Lotus Elise?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
think i have found the perfect car,it does everything i need it to do and ticks all the boxes .... i am keeping my fn2 :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I came to the same conclusion, unfortunately after I sold my FN2 at the time.

Glad to be in another one!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i am keeping it now and going down the turbo route along with some other mods .time to start my next:grin2: project

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so after a good long think about it i am moving on from the civic,
the hard part is still what to go for next,had a good look at a bmw123
coupe and l do think i will end up buying one but is there anything else out there i may have missed?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
If you already have access to another car then what about a Lotus Elise or even a Caterham? So much fun.

Or MX5 on a lower budget.

If you want practicality plenty of turbo hatchbacks around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts