2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the thread title is achievable? I really don't want to lower because of where I live and I worry that even the 15mm springs will cause me issues but I do want a softer ride. What are my options here if any?

Thanks in advance

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
Can you not get aftermarket Springs that don't reduce the ride height? How about coilovers? Keep them high for road use...then slam it for track time.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
coilovers will be too firm for road use, even on the softest rebound setting... its the springs that make the difference!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Is a 15mm drop really going to cause me many issues? I'm only worried because on standard height I dislodged my arch when I came off a not very high kerb.
I drive over the larger sleeping policemen etc very carefully and clear them ok at -15mm When it was at -30mm I scraped the front splitter coming off a kerb and ended up having to replace it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
i did have some tyres once which were designed for decent ride quality and they really did work.

Im struggling to remember which model they were now though

·
Registered
289 Posts
Coilovers are not designed for ride quality. I ran tein superstreets on a celica... handling was out this world however the ride quality was certainly worse than standard no matter how I had them set.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Coilovers are not designed for ride quality. I ran tein superstreets on a celica... handling was out this world however the ride quality was certainly worse than standard no matter how I had them set.
Normally coilovers give a firmer ride than most cars standard suspension. However the Fn2 has poor single rate springs and cheap shocks as standard, so the KW coilovers actually improve the ride. The progressive kw coilover springs probably play the main part in the improvement.

·
Registered
289 Posts
weird about the coilovers.

How long do they last? IIRC teins need rebuilding every 2 to 3 years and takes over a month to get them done

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hi

Are you running on Bridgestones. Due to handing my EP3 over to my wife I swapped the tyres from Bridgestones to Falken ZE912, it has greatly improved the ride and lowered noise levels. You will loose some steering feel due to loosing the ultra stiff side wall.

John

·
Registered
124 Posts
I currently have some front tyres on (that came with the car) called Evergreen. The sidewall is so soft that when you are parked on a kerb it looks as if the tyre is flat :D. The ride is quite good with these but naturally it corners like a blancmange. I have some Goodyear Eagles on order but will miss the softer ride.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts