2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
We have a Honda Civic IX, first registration 2016 - Diesel 120 PS.
We have got a couple days ago a letter from Honda. It's about updating the software of the exhaust gas cleaning system.
Has anybody here got the software of his car updated? if yes, how is your experience? does the engine work fine / is the fuel consumption ok since then?
I just want to make sure that there is no hidden update, which may cause any harm to the engine. This has happened a lot with Volkswagen, especially during the Diesel-Scandal.
Many thanks in advance
Best regards.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Hi, I had my car update done over a month ago. Done about a tank and half. Car behaves like before, fuel use same like before, might be slightly better but weather warming up so mpg increases aswel. Throttle responce same. So far nothing negative i could say.

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
I was due to get mine done tomorrow 20th april
but the dealers are shut
so god knows when ill get it done
wanted it done well before the extended warranty ran out just in case any issues
god knows when it will be done now

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I got the letter but truth be told I'm not too keen to get the update done.
I dodged the vag update on my last car and heard too many issues about things starting to go wrong after the update.
I'm of the opinion that's if it's not broke don't fix it

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,228 Posts
from what im reading this is not the same as the vag 1
this is not a remapping thing like vag its only a longer or hotter burn or something while its doing the regen

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,312 Posts
How did you all find out about this? I have the facelift 1.6 and have heard nothing.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,312 Posts
Cheers Scaramanga, although mine is the Facelift, it isn't the EURO6 variant. Mine was just manufactured when they were still EURO5. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'm on about 87k without any hiccups whatsoever fingers crossed.
Rgds
Neil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts