2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right a couple of years ago I bought the solarplexius for my Type S after deciding I liked the idea of tints but I wanted something that I could remove in poor visibility, such as winter time. I didn't like the idea of the sunshades so looked around for other options and found the solarplexius. You know what, I like them so much, they have made their way to the Type R.

Now, the reason I am posting is that I have had a lot of PM's regarding how it looks, pros and cons, price and where to get the kit from and thought it would just be easier to post a "solarplexius guide".

What is it?

A kind of highly flexible, un-shatterable tinted plexiglass (company's claim, not mine!). Comes in 4 pieces, 2 for the rear side windows and 2 for the rear. Is held in by the window sills so isn't suitable for the front windows or 5 door as the plexiglass would fall out when the window is opened!

How it looks:
Here are some photos I took today from different views.

Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Roof Vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Architecture Vehicle door Vehicle Car Head restraint Car seat Family car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle door Windshield Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Automotive design Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Bumper

Some night photos will be posted with the view out the rear with the 7W cree reverse lights fitted too. The standard reverse bulbs can not be seen at all!

Pros:
1. You can't see through them easily from the outside in so the inside of the car is very dark and privacy is great

2. They look really dark in the sun, which is nice - from the inside they are like looking through sunglasses

3. Daytime driving is fine for visibility

4. You can remove them and fit them whenever you like

5. Don't have to declare them as tints on your insurance as they are classed as 'sunshades'

6. Very strong - can be bent a lot without breaking

7. Sorts out the rear Perspex issue unlike tints

Cons:
Night visibility out the back is almost non existent, even with the 7w Cree led reverse bulbs I have recommended to people on the forum!

Where to get it from:

Price: £115 approx. + delivery

Hope this has helped :D

Lisa

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Really helpful that, thanks for posting it.

I have been looking at and thinking about getting the one for the lower perspex part at the back, as I have tints already, but wanted it darker still so this maybe an option, as I could remove it when it gets darker.

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really helpful that, thanks for posting it.

I have been looking at and thinking about getting the one for the lower perspex part at the back, as I have tints already, but wanted it darker still so this maybe an option, as I could remove it when it gets darker.
Glad I could be of help! Yeah that is a feasible option :), let me know what you go for.

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I was probably the main person harrasing you sorry!!! :)
Honestly it's not a problem at all, you weren't harassing me, I'm glad to help :). Just thought it would save me writing PMs to different people about the same thing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good kit this. Bit too easily scratched for my liking though.
Fitted the lower rear section to my CTR on Tuesday, matches my dark smoke tints perfectly :)

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good kit this. Bit too easily scratched for my liking though.
Fitted the lower rear section to my CTR on Tuesday, matches my dark smoke tints perfectly :)
Yeah it's perfect for the lower rear section, useful to know it matches the dark smoke tints too. I was very careful with mine and only scratched the large rear part as it was tricky to get in on my own! Scratches aren't visible when fitted though so no issues imo :)

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Are these easy to clean as my little jack Russell uses the lower window as a spy hole hence nose prints all along the window do they just wipe

·
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
i know this is an older thread but thought i would help out.

my solarplexius are due to be delivered mon/tues this week so will add a few extra pics of the delivery packaging, unboxing and fitting if this helps any anyone else out.

·
ivtec just kicked out,YO!
1,007 Posts
I'd like to see how they are packaged, please post pictures booyaa

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
well thats one week since ordering and no delivery yet, in an email from solarplexius it does say it can take up to a week so still got the remainder of today.

fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts