2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've contacted Solarplexius about a possible group buy on their removable window tints.

I've no idea on potential discounts at this stage, but if anyone's interested in these, please show your interest belowl

Current standard prices are as follows:

Both rear windows (3dr & 5dr): £82
Both rear & backseat side windows (5dr): £120
Both rear & backseat side windows (3dr): £110
Only backseat windows (5dr): £55
Only backseat windows (3dr): £65
Only lower rear window (3dr & 5dr): £42
Only upper & lower rear windows (3dr & 5dr): £82

Info can be found here: Easy to fit sun protection for cars in ready cut Polycarbonate

1. Chuckstardeluxe

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Tinting is going to be as much to apply and these are removable if needed. No brainer.

1. Chuckstardeluxe
2. Syx (Both rear & backseat side windows (3dr))

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the whole set, both side windows, upper and lower windows comes to £147?
If you select Type R it only gives the options of each part individually, which comes to £147, if you just look for 3dr civic it's £110.

Hoping to get a bit more off this price anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
If you select Type R it only gives the options of each part individually, which comes to £147, if you just look for 3dr civic it's £110.

Hoping to get a bit more off this price anyway.
Interested in the whole lot then dependant on price, mine are already tinted but want it darker, and the bottom section is not done, as I was going to go for just the lower rear window.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I dont know if people have seen these in real life but from inside the car they looking out they dont look like a tint imo, the shade is more like a old black t shirt that has faded and gone a bit orange. I know this might not matter to most but I thought I would share my thoughts from what I saw when Ian bought these and he even sold them a day after fitting as he did not like the shade.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
1. Chuckstardeluxe
3. Hagan71ctr just lower back £42
4. Newkid lower back only £42

·
--Never Assume--
275 Posts
1. Chuckstardeluxe
5. Type-S(elwood) - Both rear & backseat side windows (3dr): £110 (If we get discount) -- Thanks.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
1. Chuckstardeluxe
5. Type-S(elwood) - Both rear & backseat side windows (3dr): £110 (If we get discount) -- Thanks.
6.Dogfish - lower rear window only £42

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
1. Chuckstardeluxe
2. Hagan71ctr just lower back £42
3. Newkid lower back only £42
4. Type-S(elwood) - Both rear & backseat side windows (3dr): £110 (If we get discount) -- Thanks.
5.Dogfish - lower rear window only £42

I did not realise they'd be quite that orange! Sorry chaps but can't imagine having the entire rear in that shade would do anything other than annoy me!

·
--Never Assume--
275 Posts
...but from the outside it is just very dark / black, not the browny colour right?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

·
--Never Assume--
275 Posts
If anyone has a pic from the outside that would be great. Sorry to hijack.

I quite liked the idea of not telling my ins company and removing then in an instant but not sure now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

·
--Never Assume--
275 Posts
So it would be like driving a Van at night then with the lack of visibility.

I would probably still be interested if there was a discount so lets see what they say.

Thanks for the effort chuckstardeluxe, Dan

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Just a heads up on the lower part of the rear, I ordered the 3dr civic version for my type r and fitted it this morning and imo the lower part could do with being slightly longer (should be the same size, but maybe the type r version is longer). I found you got one end perfect and the other fell short and when I managed to get it equal each end I had to use the bungs provided to hold it in, BUT the bungs didn't do anything apart from falling in between the boot trim and the perspex I've now lost 2 in my boot trim and I can hear them rattling back and fourth every time I take a bend also they should of provided more bungs as they only give you 12

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right, I've managed to provisionally get 15% discount on each order if we have more than 5 people.

I still need to confirm if there's any scope for additional discount, confirm postage costs and make sure that the discount applies regardless of whether the whole set is ordered or only the lower part (as a few have requested).

Adjusted prices @ 15% discount by my calculations are:
Both rear windows (3dr & 5dr): £69.70
Both rear & backseat side windows (5dr): £102
Both rear & backseat side windows (3dr): £93.50
Only backseat windows (5dr): £46.75
Only backseat windows (3dr): £55.25
Only lower rear window (3dr & 5dr): £35.70
Only upper & lower rear windows (3dr & 5dr): £69.70

I'll keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts