2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Feeling sound!
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

In the hopes that someone who purchases my Ruby is either a member on here or soon to register and become one because of such an amazing car (it made me become a member) I'm going to put together a little post in regards to her.

I decided to get rid of her due to the cost on insurance, tax, petrol etc.. etc.. I've now gone for a 2013 Civic diesel as my insurance halved, I now pay no tax and my fuel consumption/cost has considerably improved (can you tell I'm still trying to convince myself it was a good idea?).

If I'm being truthful, I REALLY regret selling her. I absolutely love and miss that car dearly as it was, well, just me. It has been by far the best car I've ever owned and driven. Whilst she might have had her downsides (fuel usage, feeling every small hole in the road as if you were driving down the grand canyons walls) it was a highly reliable, enjoyable, pleasurable and adrenaline providing ride.

I merely ask that you look after her as I did. Treat her like you'd treat your misses (providing you aren't a woman beater etc). Worship the tarmac she'll take you over and please please please take good care of her as I did. Check her oil regularly as you should do with any Type-R (the last thing I want you to do to her is take her out and treat me mean when shes dry. We all love them to be wet first!). But on a serious note she's had a very good previous owner and it's rare I ever mistreated her (unless she wanted me to).

I've had the roof retreated / done as the paint work defect that everyone is suffering from was covered by the warranty when I had her. I never modded nor changed any of her parts from factory to after market or anything. She's all original. Shes always been serviced / looked after by Honda (couldnt bare to take her any where like Halfords or Quick Fit for repairs, if they were needed). She can have a slight clutch slip when in 4th at 30mph if going over heavy bumps / repeated ridges but Honda have said it's normal. Annnnnd last but not least the churping / humming noise you hear when you pull off in the morning is normal, Honda have assured me it's the typical defect that all Type-R's have when starting from a cold start. Something to do with the flywheel (they had shown me an internal memo stating the noise problem but not being anything serious to the mechanics). However it is nothing to worry about and you can replace the flywheel for a standard one if you don't mind adding some more weight to her.

Do let me know if you pick her up and become her next owner as I'd be highly interested to know where shes gone and who shes gone to!

Regards,

Taylor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nooooooooooo! I have an 09 plate Type R GT, and I feel I'd never sell! Not had it for long but LOVE it, aww you sound gutted! Fingers crossed for you that it goes to a deserving party! :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought about selling mine and getting something cheaper to run and thought, what would I enjoy more? Driving the FN2 or having an extra £500 in the bank a year?

To be fair, i only do 4k miles a year so don't get hit by the running costs so much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love mine to bits not had her long but what fun to drive . Had a vxr before which did 25 mpg so the honda fuel bill is better ;)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Sorry to hear you've had to get rid. I was in the same position 8 months ago, couldn't stand not owning an fn2 so made the transition back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I may loose my CTR soon if its a write off? A woman cut me up and did a right turn as she approach me, she didn't give way. I had to swerve to the left to avoid a head on accident, but hit the curb at 25 mph, damaging the front bumper and underside. If the suspension is damaged then its a write off. The paint work is fine, I only need a new bumper. I have her on car cam and have sent it to my insurance company, also reported her to the Police for failing to exchange details.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Really sorry to hear that mate. Keep us all informed, crossing my fingers for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I may loose my CTR soon if its a write off? A woman cut me up and did a right turn as she approach me, she didn't give way. I had to swerve to the left to avoid a head on accident, but hit the curb at 25 mph, damaging the front bumper and underside. If the suspension is damaged then its a write off. The paint work is fine, I only need a new bumper. I have her on car cam and have sent it to my insurance company, also reported her to the Police for failing to exchange details.
Sorry to read this but I had a similar situation years ago with no dash cam and when I swerved I hit a parked car only did minor damage but still cost me around £500 and as my dad said I should have just hit the other car and feel you might now have a hard case with this one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
had my FN2 since 2010 and its been the best car (by a long way) that I've owend. I do often toy with idea of moving onto something else but absolutely nothing interests me enough to take it further or offers what my civic does. (ive made a few subtle mods like lowering and spacers etc which help keep me happy)

Hope its well looked after by its new owners mate.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Not just me then. I bought my Type R plus a Boxster 4 years ago and I dont want to sell either. I seem to like cars that Clarkson hates, there again the Stig raved about the Type R and the Boxster was No.5 in the recent Top Gear best cars in the last 20 years so what does he know.
Apart from the new Type R, there's nothing that's tempting me anyway.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i may loose my ctr soon if its a write off? A woman cut me up and did a right turn as she approach me, she didn't give way. I had to swerve to the left to avoid a head on accident, but hit the curb at 25 mph, damaging the front bumper and underside. If the suspension is damaged then its a write off. The paint work is fine, i only need a new bumper. I have her on car cam and have sent it to my insurance company, also reported her to the police for failing to exchange details.
they wrote off my ctr! Gutted! :( It breaks my heart having to fill in the log book and returning it to the DVLA as Salvage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts