2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys not posted for some time but I was one of the first to have a CTR 2nd March 07 one of the best days ever. I loved my car to bits but after someone crashed into me a few weeks ago, then I was beaten by an old type r on Thursday I was a bit p****d off. To make things worse I had a 57plate Golf GTI for 2 weeks while my car was being repaired and I have to admit and I never in a million years thought I would say this but.... clarkson in some ways was right about the type r. The tourqe of the ctr really lets it down the golf was so much more fun to drive due to having power from the get go rather than waiting for the vtec to kick in the handling and the drive of the golf was also better than ctr in my opinion.

I still love the type r it's def the best looking car out there I would never buy a golf because I think they look to ordinary and inside of them is really boring.

Sorry guys don't hate me

Oh if anyone wants to buy my alloys let me know ill put them in the for sale section anyway.

bye bye baby....

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
So what are you getting next, I am thinking about my next car, and to be honest nothing else is really flicking my switch at the moment, not in the same price range anyway?

Don't think you can beat the Type R for the fun factor, especially when you get the vtec on.

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
sad to hear that
Im guessing the ep3 was modded or he didnt beat you by much ?
should have got the hondata ecu !
what can you buy now ? where can you go from a type R ? lol im joking, good luck with your new purchase.[smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He didn't beat that bad but he did beat he had a performnce exhusat and probabbly an induction kit because it was teally loud.

I test drove a renualtsport megane 225 today and bought it straight away it was amazing I loved everything about it the looks, power, handling and the technology the whole keyless entry and start is awesome it's a real beast but yes the sound of the V-Tec can never be beaten.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hope you dont mind me asking but how much did you get for your car? Didi you sell or trade it in? I was thinking about getting rid of my one and wanted to know how easy it would be to shift.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have to agree about the lack of grunt on the Type R, if you are in the wrong gear it can be frustrating. After owning two turbo cars I am still getting used to it

·
Registered
587 Posts
He didn't beat that bad but he did beat he had a performnce exhusat and probabbly an induction kit because it was teally loud.

I test drove a renualtsport megane 225 today and bought it straight away it was amazing I loved everything about it the looks, power, handling and the technology the whole keyless entry and start is awesome it's a real beast but yes the sound of the V-Tec can never be beaten.
My mate has a megane 225, they are nice cars but I'm sorry to say that they wont hold there money as well as a CTR.

I did also drive the old CTR and to be honest they are quick and good cars, but they dont have the wow facter like the new CTR, this is why I splashed out on a new model. I love my CTR, you always get people looking at you on the motorway and people try to race you. I left a Porsche Boxter for dead the other week, that will teach him! LOL

·
Registered
97 Posts
To be honest when i looked i tried the golf gti megane 225 r26 astra vxr and civic type r the golf and the astra left me cold the 225 in my opinion was the one i wanted (but the contract hire rates were too high £240 per month!) but when i tried the ctr i just loved the dash the front of the car and the noise of the engine if i could have had the 225 for the same price as the ctr i honestly dont know which i would have gone for but being offered a ctr for £189 a month on a 2 year lease it was an absolute no brainer so thats whats coming on 1st march

·
Registered
41 Posts
i traded my CTR in for an new shape Audi TT at the weekend the car is fantastic i loved the ctr especially when you hit the Vtec mode but the TT is a prefect replacement for me it looks good and i was amazed how powerfull the 20T engine was after a 15 mintues test drive i bought the car there and then....they offerd me 14k for the ctr and first which i thought that was taking the p**s i told audi i'll sell it private the car was only 4 months old and i was not gonna lose 5k in that matter of time....but 2 hrs later the dealer rang me up and said they will over me 15.5k for the ctr which i thought was a good price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think its quite sad that youre selling your car because you were beaten by another older Type R!!
Good luck.
I hope your next car is really fast!!
If you read what i wrote, you would know i didn't say i sold my type r because i got beaten by an older type r, that would just be childish [smilie=tongue.gif]

Ali i got 15k for my 07 with 6k on the clock, what reg and millage was yours

·
Registered
157 Posts
dont blame you, ctr is greatest thing around (THE.....VTEC!) but the torque is really bad i kinda get bored sometimes when in high gear low speed with waiting for the speed to come up. My mate once said if you want a car with big torque get a diesel CTR are fun cars you missed the point.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Have a look at the ECU forum before you change your car.

I'm considering to buy one to get a better i-VTEC range. Torque is good but a work mate of mine has a mazda 3 mps and you get a sore neck after half hour of driving. :(

The golf GTi is not a good looking car and there are too many about.

I had a test drive in a GTi with flappy paddles DSG minutes before the test of the CTR and it was boring after the first mile. You expect more than what you actually get.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you read what i wrote, you would know i didn't say i sold my type r because i got beaten by an older type r, that would just be childish [smilie=tongue.gif]

Ali i got 15k for my 07 with 6k on the clock, what reg and millage was yours
Mr w1z, mine was a 57 plate with under 2k on the clock

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I test drove the Golf GTI I really liked it.However ,eventhough it had more pull than the CTR it's handling didn't really give me the confidence that the CTR gave me on the road,it felt a little spongy when quickly changing/turning direction.
In terms of torque,it's not in Honda's philosophy to have Type Rs turbo charged.The best we can hope for is sometime in the future that Honda may increase the displacement to 2.2ltr-similar to the Mugen concept which has 260 hp and about 174 lbf-ft-I assure you with that type of engine in a Type R -people would have to modify their factory turbos to keep up,although they would even have trouble in the 1/4mile if the 2.0 ltr JDM CTR was available.
At the end of the day it's peoples personal preference-I've been a Honda fan for a long time and I just couldn't bring myself buying another make of car-although the option has always existed.
The Megane Renault Sport is a very good car,that would've been my pick if I had decided for a turbo car.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats from me! The R26 is a good choice, but as a Reno Laguna 2 owner I'm warning you that you'll hate yourself one day :) Especially if that "nifty gadget" the keyless entry malfunctions (e.g. due to a washing machine shirt related accident :D ). A new card is ridiculously expensive :mad:

I'll always keep to the faithfull key ;)

Enjoy your 225 Horseys[smilie=tongue.gif] I'd rather have a Mitsu Evo anyday:cool: but then again I only needed a practical, easy to use, every day car.

·
Registered
97 Posts
RE REnault laguna unreliability, i bought one for my wife new at the end of 2002 (she keeps her car for yonks) and nothing has failed on it, it is a 1.9 dci privilege model and has done 33000 miles now it gets serviced,m.o.td and bathed and that is it 40mpg ish around town and 48-53mpg on a run dont get me wrong im excited about my ctr but as a run around it has seriously never been any trouble although i had a new mercedes c200 on a p reg in 1997 and what a load of s£"%e that was ill tell you about it some time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts