2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Paul,looking for some advice regarding the turbo conversion you offer for the fn2 type r. As it stands,their is no way I could afford to have the conversion done in one go. So if considering it,then it would need to be stage by stage. My car is completely stock in the engine department.

Can you advise what route I would need to take if doing it stage by stage ?

May be able to get some work done here as I am close to Automek ( Andrew Baird) in East Kilbride,Scotland.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Its not exactly a staged process. You fit turbo kit, you enjoy.
You could get a good exhaust on before and possibly look at getting the clutch uprated ready for the extra power but the actual kit isn't the sort of thing you can fit in stages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd agree with Paul on that one Paddy. Trying to do anything in stages for a turbo install is going to be difficult. It's certainly a good idea to carry out some supporting mods before going turbo. It's a big increase on stock and would transform the car.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
I'd agree with Paul on that one Paddy. Trying to do anything in stages for a turbo install is going to be difficult. It's certainly a good idea to carry out some supporting mods before going turbo. It's a big increase on stock and would transform the car.
Well said Dooby...... :facepalm: lol

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Stock diff is on the limit at 350, you need something more substantial with a turbo kit. We've seen a couple trying to climb out of the bellhousing when our advice to upgrade hasn't been taken lol

Ben

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably didn't make my first question very clear. I was kinda thinking what upgrades I can make before turbo kit is fitted.

So,would most likely be flashpro,clutch,brakes...exhaust but not crucial to begin with.

What figures are we talking with a turbo kit ? hp and torque ?

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
350ish bhp and 300 torque judging from hagans and various other cars paddy, pretty sure tdi limit the torque to 300ish to ease the pressure on the drivetrain, its capable of much more.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Yeah sorry didn't see this reply.

They are making about 370ish bhp and I'm limiting torque to about 280ftlb at peak.

Things like clutch, brakes suspension and flashpro are all things you could get on with prior to actually going turbo

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sound advice guys. Need to get a little money pot started.:p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts