2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first ever Honda, a vivid blue 1.8 ES with 17" Penta alloys back in March and on the whole I am more than satisfied. I've had the rear schocks replaced, no surprise there, but nobody has mentioned a slipping clutch which was fixed on the first day (although I did get a free cleaning kit from the dealer!) Great economy (42 mpg), lots of admiring looks (vivid blue is by far the best colour for the image of the new Civic and quite rare), excellent space and gadgets, fun and comfortable to drive, etc.

Apart from the rather small fuel tank, the vibrating sun visors, the reflection of the rev counter on the windshield, the odd squeak and rattle, the constant challenge to pull away smoothly, and the rather excessive tyre noise, I think that the car is great!

By the way how can you clean the blue screen over the rev counter without it going all streaky? and why did they disable the mph/kph button?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try holding the KPH/MPH buttun down for about 5 seconds, it will then change over the display. I think it even beeps when you press it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, it does work, but the dealer told me it had been disabled and I never checked it, silly me!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Garr said:
I bought my first ever Honda, a vivid blue 1.8 ES with 17" Penta alloys back in March and on the whole I am more than satisfied. I've had the rear schocks replaced, no surprise there, but nobody has mentioned a slipping clutch which was fixed on the first day (although I did get a free cleaning kit from the dealer!) Great economy (42 mpg), lots of admiring looks (vivid blue is by far the best colour for the image of the new Civic and quite rare), excellent space and gadgets, fun and comfortable to drive, etc.

Apart from the rather small fuel tank, the vibrating sun visors, the reflection of the rev counter on the windshield, the odd squeak and rattle, the constant challenge to pull away smoothly, and the rather excessive tyre noise, I think that the car is great!

By the way how can you clean the blue screen over the rev counter without it going all streaky? and why did they disable the mph/kph button?

Pull away smoothly by doing the first 0-12 in 1st, then short shift to 2nd which is geared well anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had an Alfa 156 1.8 T-Spark before the Civic and although the fuel economy was not as good (36 mpg), it still did another 100+ miles on a tank full.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
The Laguna had a 60 or 70 litre tank as I recalled, really used to pain me filling that puppy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
basegreen said:
Do you use Optimax?
No just ordinary Tesco or Shell. I think that an average of 42mpg is excellent especially with the air con on aouto nearly all the time, although living around Southampton I don't get much chance to put my foot down very often.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Garr said:
basegreen said:
Do you use Optimax?
No just ordinary Tesco or Shell. I think that an average of 42mpg is excellent especially with the air con on aouto nearly all the time, although living around Southampton I don't get much chance to put my foot down very often.
I was asking Pottsy ;)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Garr, I think bg was asking about my "work vehicle"...

Get yourself out into the new forest and have some fun! Some of us have found supermarket fuel to be a bit dodgy, but if you stick to the Shell that should be good.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Pottsy, I think BG meant do you put optimax in your jet. :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Indeed - but we're happy with any old rubbish. Have to be, when you fill it up in some of the bizarre places we go to.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Thats very reassuring for your "paying guests" !!! :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pottsy said:
Garr, I think bg was asking about my "work vehicle"...

Get yourself out into the new forest and have some fun! Some of us have found supermarket fuel to be a bit dodgy, but if you stick to the Shell that should be good.
Good idea, but does anyone know how the new civic handles with a new forest pony sat on the bonnet? what about cow bars as an optional extra?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts