2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noticed a lovely scratch on my passenger side rear door today. looks lovely I'm sure you'll agree, some people are so considerate... what are my options? I'm gutted :(

oh and my girlfriend tells me when she left for work today that there was a solid pine wooden door on my car bonnet... that will be the one I stood up against the shed, it had blown over in the night (not sure how as its very heavy!) this has marked the bonnet and left some little dents, hard to tell how bad as its too dark!

luckly my girlfriends brother is a body sprayer but is it true that milano is hard to match?

I want to cry.....

Attachments

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Gutted for you matie. :(
Hope you get it sorted.But at least it should only cost you a couple of beers to sort it out.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The tangerine orange is very hard to match too ..

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hes gunna have a look at the weekend, i might use this as an excuse to get a full respray on the bonnet, hate the stonechips. It wont be that cheap though as his boss wont let him use the shop so I'll be going to his mates. Whats reasonable for a bonnet respray?

cheers

·
Registered
214 Posts
someone was jealous, its a nice car. wot a shame :(

·
The White Knight
1,486 Posts
Such a shame wouldnt of thought too much to sort it out if they are good at colour blending and matching some places are god awful (rant on) even HONDA STOCKTON-On-TEES (rant off)

Hope you get it sorted

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Ouch that must have hurt :( Hope you can get if fixed ok... I am feeling your pain with the stone chips too!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I would personally call ChipAway to sort out the scratch, I wouldn't spray the whole wing as it may not match. I'd even consider calling them for the bonnett too!

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Chipsaway won't touch either mate, certainly not the bonnet, I had a dent/scratch on my door, but they won't touch it as it's too big an area to paint..... Tom

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car :(

I had a slight run in with a van on Tuesday (the back of it scuffed the back of my CTR :mad:)

It would have been ok only it has left a small dent on the quarter panel and a mark on the rear wheel arch, lucky though didn't break the paint.

I took the car to our local body repair shop, he has quoted £250 to paint the rear quarter panel and arch, then another £70 on top of that to replace the Type R sticker on the side, i have since asked him if he can try the paintless dent removal as i have had this done on previous cars for car park dings.

I was also quite concerned about the colour match, but the guy at the repair shop reckons it shouldn't be a problem.

The cars going in on Monday morning so fingers crossed it can be repaired without paint!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car :(

I had a slight run in with a van on Tuesday (the back of it scuffed the back of my CTR :mad:)

It would have been ok only it has left a small dent on the quarter panel and a mark on the rear wheel arch, lucky though didn't break the paint.

I took the car to our local body repair shop, he has quoted £250 to paint the rear quarter panel and arch, then another £70 on top of that to replace the Type R sticker on the side, i have since asked him if he can try the paintless dent removal as i have had this done on previous cars for car park dings.

I was also quite concerned about the colour match, but the guy at the repair shop reckons it shouldn't be a problem.

The cars going in on Monday morning so fingers crossed it can be repaired without paint!
hope so vics, I got a knock in the exact same place and got it resprayed - thought it was never quite right in certain lighting conditions. hope it goes well for you :police:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts