2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I've just recently had a hks induction kit fitted along with a cat to back milltek exhaust.
I'm looking for a hondata flash pro next and looking to change the manifold for a skunk2.

What sort of gains will I get with just the flashpro with what I have fitted ATM ?
Trying to justify spending on the remap with a flashpro just to get a small gain.

A local remapping place has told me they can use a KTAG to remap my car an get an extra 12 bhp from the standard engine an that's without the new bits I have now.
I always believed to map a flashpro was needed ??
They want £200 to remap with this method but unsure what to do.

Could anyone shed any more light on this KTAG As they said if I can add a highflow sports cat I can get it to a stage 2 with an extra 12bhp

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Forget about whatever they're talking about, there is no stage 2 lol and it doesn't sound like they know what they're doing. You need flash pro. When you say skunk2 manifold is that the inlet mani ? Other induction kits make more than HKS too but aren't as easy to fit.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the hks cause it's a lot louder lol
An yeah the intake manifold .
I did think flashpro was the only way hence why I want to know don't want them messing with my ecu an making anything worse lol

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I got the hks cause it's a lot louder lol
An yeah the intake manifold .
I did think flashpro was the only way hence why I want to know don't want them messing with my ecu an making anything worse lol

Which place is that mate is it pk automotive ?

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
With just the intake and catback you've fitted you can run the Group N map that comes with the Flashpro. It'll give you a higher redline and lower VTEC engagement (3,800RPM from memory). You can then get a custom map done at a later date when you've added some more bits which will need it. Exhaust manifold should be on your list.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The place is on FB called branston filling station just out of Lincoln.
They said the newer fn2 models don't need the flashpro to remap them

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
The place is on FB called branston filling station just out of Lincoln.
They said the newer fn2 models don't need the flashpro to remap them

This is true mate as you can perform what's know as a "reflash" of the standard ecu...you still get 3.800 vtec window and you can actually access more peramiters that way (although I wouldn't want someone with little knowledge having access to such a sensitive part of the engine ) if they know they're stuff will be fine as long as that is what they're doing and they know what they're doing

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They don't even have a dyno to test on so I won't be going lol

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
My mods are slightly different to yours, but with a full stainless exhaust, HKS RSK and exhaust manifold I made 227bhp after a remap at TDi North. It's the exhaust manifold that will really help with the remap, so get one of those fitted before getting it tuned.

Just my two pence worth.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,283 Posts
How long does an aftermarket exhaust mani take to fit?
1.5 to 2.5 hours depending on the garage - closer to 2.5 though as there's usually niggles like seized bolts etc

Reactions: flashy

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
How long does an aftermarket exhaust mani take to fit?
As an idea of cost, I think TDi North charged me £100 to fit my aftermarket exhaust manifold. Grinspeed quoted a similar price, but I decided to get it done at TDi North purely because I was having it remapped there and I didn't want to run the manifold without a proper map on, so had both done on the same day. Personal preference.

Reactions: flashy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts