2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have sad news! My very good friend, who picked up his new NHB Type S GT with SAT Nav, 18" rims and colour coded body kit, (see below)...

* pic deleted *

last week and took great pleasure in showing it off knowing my VBP 2.2 EX has only just been ordered, has a new understanding of the phrase "No pleasure without the pain" following a comming together with an 18wheeler who wasn't watching the road... (sadly, see below)...

* pic deleted *

The damage is so much worse than it looks, despite his teasing I truely feel for him, I would of cried...

Attach sympathy below, it will be forwarded.

Edit by Pottsy at the request of dave.e:
The owner of the car in question was not happy at having his car posted on the internet, so I've removed the pics.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
He has my sympathy and I sure he is really pi**ed off, I know I would be.

To be honest, it does not look too bad! I'm sure that's not to difficult to fix! I'm sure a good bodyshop will get that looking like new in no time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx Bog,

The panel damage is mostly cosmetic, thankfully it didn't touch the rims. What the picture doesn't show is a chunk it took out of the fuel filler cap and rim, the scrape you can just see goes right through, not an easy patch.

Keep the sympathy coming guys and gals....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Has my sympathy too...I was mad enough about one of my alloys being kerbed.

·
Rusty Nut!
611 Posts
[smilie=cwl.gif] what a shame will he claim on his insurance

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Was it one of Willi Betz? Sympathies are with your friend at this terrible time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[smilie=cwl.gif] what a shame will he claim on his insurance
Luckily he caught up with the truck driver who admitted in front of a witness that he was looking for a house number at the time he took the side of my mates car off! What a ****!

Should be a clear cut deal but even with the best repair work its not the same.

I will forward all your messages of support as soon as he emerges from the dark corner he is sat in crying like a twelve year old!

·
Rusty Nut!
611 Posts
No it's never the same once you have an accident you lose a lot of interest in a car I hope he gets it sorted soon and the insurers dont drag their feet!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Thats bad news mate, do feel for the guy as i have had the unfortunate experience myself, Luckily not in my civic tho

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Very similar damage to my car after a van driver hit me, except my bumper was a lot worse - repaired now and as good as new :D

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Gutted for your mate dave.e hope it gets sorted soon

from an 18 wheeler driver :oops:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx for all the support, I'll pass them all on, when its all repaired and he can laugh about it I'll introduce him to the site

·
Banned
477 Posts
Pass on my sympathies from way over here, Turkey...
Still lucky that the "lotsa wheeler" did not scrape the full side... I was expecting to see a photo with the airbags blown (God forbid)...

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
Yeah, send my sympathy to him as well, must have been gutted. Got my last car keyed when it was just 4 months old and was fuming for months - lets hope the car gets sorted quickly so he can forget all about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts