2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent freezing weather, has anyone else had a 'check system' warning light on start up? I have had this light come on a couple of times since April but it appears to come up more often with the cold morning starts! :confused:

I did ask the garage to look at it during my recent recall but they told me not to worry and leave it until the same warning light came on ALL the time before bringing it back to them. :(

I think there may have been an earlier thread about this but I can't find it and I'm not sure if it came to any conclusions... sorry if it has!

I've attached a pic of it just so that there are no confusion about the symbol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I could be wrong here, but that symbol means a sensor or the ecu is not happy about something and probably an error has been logged. Did the garage do a diagnostic check ?. I do not think it is normal and would want to know from the garage why it is coming on, you may have a faulty sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pottsy & PCR. By the sound of things there appears to be a few of us with this query so hopefully we'll find out a definite cause and/or confirmation of the 'battery drop' explanation soon.

Cheers!

·
Registered
975 Posts
i love the frosty picture

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Jammy,
It probably is some intermittant electrical fault, or is it ?. "Wait till it comes on all the time" may be "wait till the brakes fail". It says "Check System", I would advise getting the garage to do exactly that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have had this - there is a thread at bugs, faults and irritations as Check System ON glowplug indicator flashing

My dealer checked the fault log and it was caused by a single 'out of range' oil level reading. I got the impression that it was quite common, but unfortunately you have to go to the dealer every time to have the fault 'cleared down'.

So far I have had it only once.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The same symbol came up with my Civic while driving, then sometimes it didn`t light up and sometimes did. Went to the dealer and they checked it --> there was something wrong with the lambda sensor. They reseted it but it light up later once again. Now they`re going to change the lambda...
So go to the dealer to check what`s wrong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts