2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was getting in my car and found this.

im not impressed, looks like someone has hit it with something in the last couple of days. maybe in the carpark at work? looks expensive too. its already rusting:( ive covered it with tape to stop the paint coming off more than it has already. gonna be an expensive month with new tyres and a service too.
its just so annoying when its not your fault!

·
NHB Convert.
530 Posts
BB or a pellet gun? That would have to be one big ****ing pellet. Looks more like it's been hit with a hammer or something similar, if you look at the dent. You've got the initial impact and then it shifting down where the power followed through. You must be gutted, I'd be furious!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
you have been shot , by the looks of it

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
could have been fired with a catapult, very powerful and fire large ballbearings, i think it was meant for thee window....!:confused:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
BB from a catapult is more likely (or from a BB gun, albeit a powerful one...), look at the angle of descent... the circle is the impact, the scrape shows angle of descent, and the paint cracking makes the damage appear larger than it is.

Tom

Attachments

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i was thinking it was either a BB type object or the ball end of a hammer.its too big for a pellet gun i think. i cant work out when it could have happend tho. i usually spot even the tinyest little marks straight away.

i have a feeling it may have happened visiting my girlfriend in bristol. i got a cracked screen last time i went there. i thought it was just a stone chip, maybe it wasnt?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ice drop

Auch, I know how it's pain. I had similar situation on first winter when the icicle has whang from the roof on exactly the same place as yours !Strange ??

·
Administrator
19,165 Posts
It really does look bad sadly. Why would anyone do something like that? I hope you can get it sorted.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well its booked in for repair next week. £381.34. how annoying to spend that much money to get my car to look the same as 2 weeeks ago!!!!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
OMG! Did you get shot at? Thats the worst case of mindless damage i have seen.
At least your light humoured about it, in your title. I know i would have been "f-ing and bling", if not crying.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OMG! Did you get shot at? Thats the worst case of mindless damage i have seen.
At least your light humoured about it, in your title. I know i would have been "f-ing and bling", if not crying.
im still none the wiser to what it was that caused it. strange one.

i was doing a bit of the f-ing business at first but seeing as there is nothing i can do about it i may as well laugh at myself for caring so much about a car!

·
The quest for perfection!
666 Posts
gutted 4 u mate. hope it does not cost u much to repair !!!
(wonder if u could claim warrenty off honda for poor paint job lol)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts