2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Something a little different... Who likes 911's??

Here is a little HD Movie of the whole process that was carried out on a Porsche 911 Carrera that we had in. To watch in HD switch the YouTube setting at the bottom of the video to 1080p or click the video to be taken to YouTube where you can watch the video full screen:

Thank You to everyone who watches our little HD Movie, hopefully you all love it. Your comments and likes would be much appreciated as this only strives us to do even better in the future...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel as there will be plenty more videos to come :) share the video as well if you would like :)

Andrew & Jonathan at TLC Detailing

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
When I win the lottery tomorrow I & am straight to the dealers for a 911 in Yellow. Great job yet again.
Love your style... mmm Yellow 911 [smilie=yum.gif]

lovely!!!
Gets a bit boring when its all one manufacturer as alot of people own a second car so seeing different cars in the detailing section is always good.
Very true :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Porkys are nice but Aston does have good paintwork apart from the horrendous da snading marks they insist on putting in everyone ive ever done but they do come up mint...

finished with Crystal rock and well worth paying an extra premium if offered this wax on a detail as its worth it as most people wouldnt have the opportunity to own an £800 wax.

Will just say the videos well put together and enjoyable to watch , car looks very very nice aswell , i know what goes into doing videos as ive done quite a few...

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Platinum Grey DB9 over a yellow Porsche 911 any day!! :cool:
Thanks for the video TLC
BTW...What pads/polish combo did you use?
Ive just bought an Optimum 5" MF Polishing Pad and will be using it with GTechniq P1 on VAG paint with my Megs DA
First of all I started a test panel on the bonnet as it had had a sealant previously applied. For the test panel I tried a 3M Finishing Pad and Ultrafina Polish. The results were very minor so I decided to step up the compound to Menzerna Super Finish Polish (PO106A). This did remove some of the swirl marks but scratches remained. I then tried a few different pads and compounds but for the bonnet I settled on a Lake Country Polishing Pad and 3M Fast Cut with a little 3M Ultrafina Polish. Then I refined using the 3M Finishing Pad and Menzerna Super Finish Polish which gave some excellent results after a full IPA wipe down. The rest of the car was corrected with a 3M Finishing Pad and Menzerna Super Finish Polish :)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Porkys are nice but Aston does have good paintwork apart from the horrendous da snading marks they insist on putting in everyone ive ever done but they do come up mint...

finished with Crystal rock and well worth paying an extra premium if offered this wax on a detail as its worth it as most people wouldnt have the opportunity to own an £800 wax.

Will just say the videos well put together and enjoyable to watch , car looks very very nice aswell , i know what goes into doing videos as ive done quite a few...
The Aston looks fantastic Marc, the finish of Crystal Rock looks to be in a different league from any other wax and would definitely worth the extra premium as Full Corrections should only be one offs :)

And Thanks again for the feedback on the video, it took ages to create but I cant stop watching it myself so was all worth it.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.