2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been away for a while, still kept an eye on the site but it seems to be patiently lying in wait for a big resurgence when the new Type R goes on the market. Same with me, might be looking for a new car in a few months dependant on contracts, and right now it's between a Jag XE and the new Type R.

Anyway, to satisfy a craving for something a little more 'old-school' and less point-and-go than my admittedly awesome Cupra, I parted with cash for one of these a few weeks ago. It let me down the morning after I bought it and it's been a tricky bugger to get used to (manual chokes, what's that all about!), but I'm learning to love it and have taken it in to work a couple of days now for a more interesting commute.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Triumph Spitfire, 1978 1500cc, had a few questionable yank styling mods by a previous owner which I'll eventually get rid of.

Makes a nice counterpoint to modern motoring, and turns heads wherever we go.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately the black bits cover the bonnet hinges (bonnet flips forward like an E type) so can't just whip them off. Need to get rid of whatever's jacking up the rear end (stance life!) and get rid of the chrome sill covers as they're only going to trap water and encourage rot. Might change out the alloys to something more original, and definitely changing the tiny non-original bucket seats which are literally a pain to get in and out of, a popular change for track cars seems to be stock MX5 seats. Keeping the colour though, I do like that blue.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Early model had chrome overriders, black plastic was more sexy and cool in the 70s ;) I'd have an early model any day - or better yet a Mk2 GT6 - but they're much rarer and shooting skywards in value, I just had to accept in the end I wouldn't find a good one for less than £9k.

I think I can do more photos, should get out and do some proper ones some day though....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts