2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got something metallic sliding around behind the front of the dashboard.
It slides from side to side every time I turn right then left then right etc.
I tried to remove the Radio/Clock display to have look behind but couldn't figure out how to.
Does any one know how to remove the radio display?

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Have you had the car serviced at all? If you take the plastic scuttle panel off the front, there is a metal one behind, could be one of the bolts isnt secure and is rolling around on there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well so far, I've taken the clock/radio display out, nothing there.
The speedo display, nothing there.
Now I've taken out the radio and rev counter display and nothing there.

I think in all probability it's either something dropped down the front vent or there is something rolling around the scuttle tray.
I have taken off the plastic scuttle tray cover but I can't see anything loose.
It goes back a long way and it doesn't look like I can get in there to take it apart some more without the windscreen coming out.
So it looks like I'm going to have to live with it sliding backwards and forwards all day long.
Joy!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Something rolling around in mine too, sounds like a stone going back and forth.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Me too. Really doing my head in!! Sounds if coming from behind glove box area. Have checked air vent but nothing there. Sounds like cables with metal ends sliding back and forth or something similar. Anyone any ideas about what could be causing this. Sounds like a common problem!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
are you sure its not in the passenger door? where youre concentrating on driving noises can be decieving. for the sake of undoing 3 screws its worth checking.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I have the same problem it's like loads of junk rolling around.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I have the exact same problem. I've had to strip the dash out to get at the gauges so had a look around - it really does sound like it's inside and the only place left it could be is inside the A/C ducting as far as I can see? Will take some time tomorrow and do a bit more investigating before I put the dash back together again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Syx, any luck with your search in the A/C ducting. I've had my glove box out and cannot locate where noise is coming from. Very, very frustrating.

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
poltergeist?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
No joy as I can't really get the access I need! I've not given up though and my drives to work this week are with the dash surround removed to see if that helps pinpoint the location.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts