2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had my fn2 about a month now and have come across and issue which I thought could have been solved by new tyres balancing n tracking.

When taking a right hand bend with a bit of pace the wheel feels really insecure as if a wheel bearing is about to collapse / wheel feels loose. I got home and though till jack it up and make sure all is ok as I lowered it a week before.

I took the wheel off the car and check the usual wheel bearing drop links etc and all seemed fine. When turning the wheel left to right it does knock a little., the only it of play I can find is through the rod which connect to the steering rack.

I've been told about the 2 bolts to adjust the preload on the rack which may solve the bit of play so might look into getting that done and also changing the inner track rods and rod ends to see if this cures it, just weird how it's only right hand bends as turning left with speed feels fine.

My friends initial thought was steering rack .. As you have probably guessed I was impressed so going to to try some of the cheaper options first.

Just querying to see if any of you guys have experienced the same problem and know what it is?

Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mmmm defo not torque steer, I'm replacing the inner track rods and track rod ends tomorrow see if that cures anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts