2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey troops, just joined up to the forum as I am picking up my Black Type R GT on Saturday morning.

My names Jamie, and live in Central Scotland.

Had a quick look around and everyone seems to be gettin on just fine, lol.
I will no doubt be back and forward on here picking your brains, about bits and bobs that I want to do to the car, 1st of will be tints, as its always one of the 1st things that I do to my car, just makes cars look that little bit better in my oppinion.

Secondly Lowering, whats peoples thoughts, I know theres a couple of eibach options, the 15mm and the the 30mm

Am I correct in saying that the 15mm drop will just require camber bolts for the front and nothing for the rear, and the 30mm require camber bolts, and arms for the back.

How is the ride compared to standard, (not that the type r is a comfy car)
but does the lowering have a major effect, both with 15mm and 30mm?

Any advice on the above would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance guys. :D

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Hey troops, just joined up to the forum as I am picking up my Black Type R GT on Saturday morning.

My names Jamie, and live in Central Scotland.

Had a quick look around and everyone seems to be gettin on just fine, lol.
I will no doubt be back and forward on here picking your brains, about bits and bobs that I want to do to the car, 1st of will be tints, as its always one of the 1st things that I do to my car, just makes cars look that little bit better in my oppinion.

Secondly Lowering, whats peoples thoughts, I know theres a couple of eibach options, the 15mm and the the 30mm

Am I correct in saying that the 15mm drop will just require camber bolts for the front and nothing for the rear, and the 30mm require camber bolts, and arms for the back.

How is the ride compared to standard, (not that the type r is a comfy car)
but does the lowering have a major effect, both with 15mm and 30mm?

Any advice on the above would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance guys. :D
Welcome along, Jamie! Congratulations! I'm quite sure you'll be over the moon with your Type R, don't forget to post some pictures!
I'm thinking about "dropping" the car a little too, so I'll be checking the answers to your questions quite often!
Well done, enjoy your car, and drive safely(ish)!

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Hi Jamie & welcome to the forum.:)

Eibach or Tein do lowering springs. I have the 15mm Eibachs and the ride is as harsh as the standard suspension but the crashiness has gone. Combined with a fast road setup it transforms the car's handling completely.

Not sure on what bits are required on front or back as had them fitted professionally, but I know I paid for camber bolts & shims.

·
SGP Fk8
9,722 Posts
Welcome jamie :) getting quite a strong central scotland membership ! Hope to see you at some meets
Theres a mini meet monday night in dunfermline if your not busy

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jamie & welcome to the forum.:)

Eibach or Tein do lowering springs. I have the 15mm Eibachs and the ride is as harsh as the standard suspension but the crashiness has gone. Combined with a fast road setup it transforms the car's handling completely.

Not sure on what bits are required on front or back as had them fitted professionally, but I know I paid for camber bolts & shims.
Cheers mate, bar the tints, lowering etc will have to be done without the misses finding out, lol.
had a wee look at your build thread and your car looks ace, where did you get the skunk gear knob?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome jamie :) getting quite a strong central scotland membership ! Hope to see you at some meets
Theres a mini meet monday night in dunfermline if your not busy
Cheers for the welcome.

Will defo try and get to some meets and get to know some of the local chaps a bit more, wont make it monday unfortunately but will look out for future events.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome mate. Where about in central Scotland are you from?
From Falkirk mate, I am sure I have seen your motor driving about. just had a nose at your build thread.
Where did you get the decals and grill badge from and how much if you dont mind me asking.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
From Falkirk mate, I am sure I have seen your motor driving about. just had a nose at your build thread.
Where did you get the decals and grill badge from and how much if you dont mind me asking.
Where in Falkirk?

I got them off a member on here a while back as he had a spare pack. Gordons Honda are usually good for prices so drop them a pm

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Welcome along mate.
My g/f is living in falkirk just now so i will be up a couple of time during the week.

Might see you about, and maybe catch up with Ross aswell if he's up for it?

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Alright bud. Enjoy it. Just got a Black Type-R GT last week too! :)

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Welcome along mate.
My g/f is living in falkirk just now so i will be up a couple of time during the week.

Might see you about, and maybe catch up with Ross aswell if he's up for it?
I would be up for that mate. Just let me know when your around

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where in Falkirk?

I got them off a member on here a while back as he had a spare pack. Gordons Honda are usually good for prices so drop them a pm
I am originally from Carronshore but stayin in Bainsford now with the misses, where you from mate?

and yeah would defo be up for catchin up with you troops. :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I would be up for that mate. Just let me know when your around
Will do bud.
Will be around etna road near the canal when I'm up so will give u shout when I'm about.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
I am originally from Carronshore but stayin in Bainsford now with the misses, where you from mate?

and yeah would defo be up for catchin up with you troops. :popcorn2:
I'm in new carron so just across the road mate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts