2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Thought I'd sign up and see what the craic was so here I am to say a quick hello! I technically don't have the civic yet... finance is to get sorted at the end of the week so hopefully I'll get some pictures up when I collect her at the weekend!

But I can tell you what she's like... Nice shiny red 2009 1.8 S Type GT, colour coded bumpers, panoramic sunroof and the upgraded 18inch alloys. I am planning on getting her nicely modded up both performance wise and aesthetically.

It will be the first big petrol car I've owned, thus far I've had a 1.3 Suzuki Swift, 1.9 CDTI SRi Astra Sport Hatch and my last car.... a 1.2 white fiat 500 complete with pink side stripes and butterflies on the boot (After a mere 9 months I have swiftly come to realise that a) girly just aint my thing and b) neither are small engines!!)... So here I am, back with a nice big fast car finally!

So I look forward to getting to talk to you guys and hopefully get plenty of tips and advice from ya all!

Cheers,

Joanne [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Hey welcome JOJO congrats [smilie=ebil-thumbu: on getting a new Civic. I came from a Astra 1.9CDTi to a Type R. A totally different driving experience I can tell you!

Have fun!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Oh I know! A 1.8 petrol is definately nothing like a 1.9 derv (and I had the engine tuned to 200bhp in it too!).

This seems to be the only way I can get pics up of it atm so feel free to have a nosy at the ad :)

http://www.usedcarsni.com/83322136
I had a Dtuk box on my Astra, that with the Sports Button pressed was mental!

You were right that is Shexy!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aw cheers mate for sticking the pics up, puter in work wont let me upload to photobucket!

Aye I had a crd-t box on mine, cracker piece of kit! Where you in AON?

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Yes I was/am garyscdti.
To get those pics up all you had to do was right click on one - copy link location - then paste it in the pic symbol next to web link symbol.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So my first plans so far for her are....

1. Tint the windows with a light smoke (everything behind the B pillar anyway)
2. Tint the lights with a light smoke too
3. Induction kit
4. Paint the calipers and get some nice red caliper decals
5. Lowering springs

The list could go on though!

Ah I was Its_JoJo

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Hi and welcome hope all goes well with the purchase of your new motor.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hello and welcome mate, great spec too. Enjoy the car.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Hi Joanne, welcome to civinfo! I have a 2011 Type S GT and I love it, a real step up in class from my 03 clio lol! Love the alloys on it, I want them at some point. As for the mods, more will definitely follow what you have listed once you get to see more ideas on the forum. All the best with the car

Neil

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Hello and Welcome :hello:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.