2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow CTR owners,

Took delivery of my '09 CTR last Saturday, what a great handling car! Have yet to properly V-Tec it, but with 540 miles on the clock so far, that day isn't far off...:VTECSMILEY:

Problem is that my back was pretty stiff after having spent 4hrs continually behind the wheel :mad:...

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the figure-hugging race seats on the CTR? Perhaps I should just take more frequent breaks from behind the wheel? I'm 29 y.o. by the way and don't have a history of back problems, so it came as an unwelcome surprise to have a sore back...

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

K

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.

I can't say I've experienced that problem however I would recommend adjusting your seat positioning. The ride is hard but not to the point of causing backaches even after 4 hours driving (I've done over 6 hours in the CTR without any back injuries or losing teeth).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found the same thing, I think it may be due to me personally having the seat more upright than other cars ive had, as when my legs are at a comfortable distance it felt like I was laying down! it may also be that the seat angles down at the back more than my previous car, again making you more upright?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Go to see a GOsC registered Osteopath for a consultation and some postural advice. You may have an underlying problem that needs some treatment rather than the seat being responsible.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I took delivery of mine last Friday and have covered 800 miles (v-tec'ed many times now ;)) I'm just over 6'2" and 17 stone plus and had back probs in the past ...... so I was a bit concerned about the seats but for me they feel more supportive than the CTS I had. What I do for my driving position is to be able to rest my wrist on the top of the steering wheel with the arm slightly bent and I find this is right seat position for me.

Hope the back gets better soon. If not please seek medically advice :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I covered some decent distances when I picked up my car in the first week (nearly 1,000 miles which is considerably more then I cover in 'normal' driving) and both me and my gf (who covered all miles with me) complained of having minor back aches. I'm 21 and never had any problems before, and after about 2weeks I haven't had any since. Bad seat problem/underlying back problem, who knows? But give it a few wks IMO and I rekon it'll settle down.

Hope that helps.

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
I thought I was going to suffer this but a bit of fiddling with the seat and it's perfect. No sore back at all. I think part of it was just getting used to the seats but I need to have it quite upright too. It's great now though. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the prompt responses everyone!
I'm going to just persevere and adjust the seat, being sure to keep a good posture. Someone told me today (an EP3 owner) that I should be close enough to the steering wheel to be able to rest my wrists on it with my hands dangling over...

I'll keep you posted.

Drive safe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi fellow CTR owners,

Took delivery of my '09 CTR last Saturday, what a great handling car! Have yet to properly V-Tec it, but with 540 miles on the clock so far, that day isn't far off...:VTECSMILEY:

Problem is that my back was pretty stiff after having spent 4hrs continually behind the wheel :mad:...

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the figure-hugging race seats on the CTR? Perhaps I should just take more frequent breaks from behind the wheel? I'm 29 y.o. by the way and don't have a history of back problems, so it came as an unwelcome surprise to have a sore back...

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

K
I'm the opposite... Had to see an osteopath about back issues in the past (car accident, whiplash... trust me when I say that catches up with you later in life) since ive had my Type R, no back pains, it's like the hard ride and bumpy roads have healed me (the osteopath's help also!) :D

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Cheers for the prompt responses everyone!
I'm going to just persevere and adjust the seat, being sure to keep a good posture. Someone told me today (an EP3 owner) that I should be close enough to the steering wheel to be able to rest my wrists on it with my hands dangling over...

I'll keep you posted.

Drive safe.

Not sure where I saw this but I had that advice too. It works for me anyway. I feel totally plugged into the car when I drive it, which I really like. Does mean having the seat quite upright though...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Drove my CTR for the first time yesterday. 6 hours more or less non stop. My lower back was sore after a couple of hours but after reclining the seat a notch or two it went away completely.

I'm 6'2", 41, no history of back problems.

HTH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts