2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clutches - Type R fn2. How long do they last and what’s the telltale signs it’s on it way out? Mine was done 4 years ago
Thanks

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Depends, 70 to 100k? Heavy clutch, low engagement point

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heavy clutch? 104,000. Pedals vibrate under braking when I’ve been pushing it. Noticed this week on the way to work.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Are your brake pads/discs OK?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Pedals vibrate under braking when I’ve been pushing it. Noticed this week on the way to work.
Could be a number of things but the discs would be the first place to look and see if they are warped. then it could be steering like Track Rod End, drop link or wheel bearing at that milage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had rear discs and pads fitted in March. Fronts I don’t think have been on that long but will check. Handbrake is being weird lately though. It’s odd. Like the handle jumps after I’ve applied it. Makes me jump sometimes. I’m hoping not track rod end. Had that on ther cars and it’s costly. Will get ABP to check everything on 26th. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So randomly while reserving off my drive today the car stalled. I’ve not stalled a car in at least 10 years? Then after shopping today got back to the car to reverse again and my clutch was odd. Like easier to get to biting point or less effort to press if that makes sense. Something I need to look into or just my car having an off day?

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I'd check the clutch fluid level

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
There are two reservoirs to the top left of the engine bay, the larger is the brake fluid reservoir and the smaller is the clutch fluid reservoir. The fluid ideally should be just up to the max.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts