2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
In preparation for my new car, im getting together a list of products to lavish some attention on it, much like i did my soon-to-be-departed, much-loved golf vr6.
My cleaning regime used to be Megs Nxt Gen wash (wheels 1st), clay bar (if needed) followed by endurance gel for tires, megs plastic trim detailer, followed by Megs Tech wax (wheels included). For a mid-week spruce, i used to use Megs quick detailer and a mf cloth.
Now, after reading though this forum, i realise, i need some tips and help. I realise i need to seal in the polish with a good wax, so i have BH finis wax down on my list. Any others i should consider? Also reading this, i realise that the nxt gen is quite harsh, so any recommendations there. Plus, do you guys use a gentler wash, for your interim cleans, so as not to strip previous wax? I've read that Tech wax is not the most durable either, so any help here will be grateful. Poorboys black hole seems to be popular for darker colours but what about silver and lighter colours? Also, should i consider a seperate polish or wax (or both?!) for the wheels?
Sorry for the novel !!! ;)

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Hi guys,
In preparation for my new car, im getting together a list of products to lavish some attention on it, much like i did my soon-to-be-departed, much-loved golf vr6.
My cleaning regime used to be Megs Nxt Gen wash (wheels 1st), clay bar (if needed) followed by endurance gel for tires, megs plastic trim detailer, followed by Megs Tech wax (wheels included). For a mid-week spruce, i used to use Megs quick detailer and a mf cloth.
Now, after reading though this forum, i realise, i need some tips and help. I realise i need to seal in the polish with a good wax, so i have BH finis wax down on my list. Any others i should consider? Also reading this, i realise that the nxt gen is quite harsh, so any recommendations there. Plus, do you guys use a gentler wash, for your interim cleans, so as not to strip previous wax? I've read that Tech wax is not the most durable either, so any help here will be grateful. Poorboys black hole seems to be popular for darker colours but what about silver and lighter colours? Also, should i consider a seperate polish or wax (or both?!) for the wheels?
Sorry for the novel !!! ;)
routine
wash 2 bucket method with mitts
rinse then clay
dry
polish with your poorboys
seal with a wax or sealant of your choice, 1000s out there
dress tyres with your megs endurance

if your paint is swirl free then no need for abrasive polishes, your blackhole glaze will be fine

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, so nice to have a helpful AND informative forum (free from the patronizing i've experienced elsewhere!) I do think there should be a glossary of abbreviations though as stuff like fk1000p, lsp, AGBC, etc, mean nothing to me, lol !!! (laugh out loud [i realise the irony of this!] ! ) I have worked out that NHB means nighthawk black!! Ha-Ha !! :p;)

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
If you hover over this LSP and APC ...There is:D TBH..a bit limited at the moment
Anything with AG in Front is AutoGlym
AGSRP is Super Resin Polish
AGBP is Bumper care
fk is FinishKare
...and so on
TBH....Its really just laziness BUT those in the know find it quicker to post this way
If you go on Detailing World, you're treated as an imbecile for not knowing all the abbreviations!!!

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And im sure i prob appear as one robbo51, but im just new to this, lol !!!:facepalm:
I did think they were underlined for a reason but unfortunately my only t'internet is via my phone, and that function doesn't work on mobile devices, GRRRR!!! :mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
And im sure i prob appear as one robbo51, but im just new to this, lol !!!:facepalm:
I did think they were underlined for a reason but unfortunately my only t'internet is via my phone, and that function doesn't work on mobile devices, GRRRR!!! :mad::mad:
you need any help from us mate just fire away[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you need any help from us mate just fire away[smilie=ebil-thumbu:[/quote]

Thanks a lot guys!!!
Pretty much got my list of products down thanks to this forum and your help!!

Wash: Megs ultimate wash & wax/ Britemax clean max ph

Prep: BH clay bar soft

Wheels & tires: Autosmart tardis/ Iron X/ Bilberry/ Megs Endurance tire shine

Polish: Autoglym super resin/ Poorboys bhg

Wax: BH finis wax/ Collinite#915

Glass & trim: white vinegar (who'd of thought!) /Autoglym bumper care/

Have buckets & mf cloths & megs drying towel (more will be required methinks!!), plus Autosol from before, so grit guards required plus watering can (no hose access!!:( )

So that just leaves a good QD for quick washes and a decent wheel sealant, so any suggestions? Do you guys also coat your wheels in a layer of wax, and if so, same as paintwork??
Sorry for 2nd Novel !!!

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Thanks a lot guys!!!
Pretty much got my list of products down thanks to this forum and your help!!

Wash: Megs ultimate wash & wax/ Britemax clean max ph

Prep: BH clay bar soft

Wheels & tires: Autosmart tardis/ Iron X/ Bilberry/ Megs Endurance tire shine

Polish: Autoglym super resin/ Poorboys bhg

Wax: BH finis wax/ Collinite#915

Glass & trim: white vinegar (who'd of thought!) /Autoglym bumper care/

Have buckets & mf cloths & megs drying towel (more will be required methinks!!), plus Autosol from before, so grit guards required plus watering can (no hose access!!:( )

So that just leaves a good QD for quick washes and a decent wheel sealant, so any suggestions? Do you guys also coat your wheels in a layer of wax, and if so, same as paintwork??
Sorry for 2nd Novel !!!
hi, some good stuff you got there, qd i use optimum car wax or chemical guys V7, wheel sealant i use optimum optiseal and you could add a bit of your collinite 915 for some more durabilty.:D

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A Pressure washer with a Snow Foam lance is pretty much a 'must have' as well
If youve got BH finis Wax, their own QD is perfect!!
From reading threads i realise this would be an ace addition, but as i have no access to a hose (due to living in a flat with no garden & therefore no outdoor tap, not to mention the limited storage of said flat, not having a shed and all [i know, criminal!] ) regretfully, this is off menu for now. But thanks anyhow [smilie=cheeky-grin:[smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get the FK1000P & you can use this as your sealant (wax) & you can use it on your wheels as well. Good product list you have.
Thanks Shaun,
Was completely naive & ignorant on the 14th Feb. Joined on the 15th, and, approx a week later, have a much better grip on the whole car cleaning jist! Now, to get the car, lol !! ;)

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Do you know who else sells FinishKare apart from CleanYourCar?? Thanks
Products - Serious Performance

Thanks Shaun,
Was completely naive & ignorant on the 14th Feb. Joined on the 15th, and, approx a week later, have a much better grip on the whole car cleaning jist! Now, to get the car, lol !! ;)
No problem, 18 months ago I owned a Sponge!! a bucket & triplewax car shampoo!! :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.