2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken the decision to cancel my order for the civic I made back in April.

Why?

Because of my work I've discovered that I can get £5k off a new Focus ST3 and I just cant turn that down.

Oh well, civics still a nice car.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I tried to take a top of the range Focus, add on some of the features you get as standard on the Civic EX and I could have saved myself 3500.00 but I hate the shape of the new Focus, wanted that lovely glass-roof etc etc....
No comparison even for what money you save in my opinion, I know you have your reasons, try not to think about the money for a moment and picture yourself having to drive a Focus everyday or a Civic everyday, I knew which one I'd get so much more enjoyment out of owning... :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mate the ST3 is a monster!! Uber quick!!!

I came to the Civic from an Mk1 ST170 which was such a fun car!! Looked amazing in the Imp blue too!!

The reason I went for the Civic over the new ST - I'll side step the asthetics

1. The reliability of the ST was shocking - Ford build to a price and several bits weren't up to the job. Its not going to be much different - it just isn't - you pay your money and you take your choice - you can't get performance like Ford offer for that price anywhere else and for that its ace - it really is! :D But there is going to be compromises. Oh and trim standards etc aren't comparible - really.

2. Residual value - oh lord - that word still shakes my bones. I got a very good deal on my ST but the list price was £17.5k for my spec. 1 and a half years - count em! - I got 9k for it. 9k!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm not saying this will be true but Glass's have put a 50% residual value on a 3 yr old Civic. The Ford was about 30-40% - think a 3 yr ST was about 6-6.5k. With the 3.5k discount you may be able to negate this a bit though - worth lookin at though mate!!

3. Petrol - I don't know what you've got now but my ST returned just under 30mpg. It was costing me £200 a month in petrol!! The Civic 2.2 is about half a second slower but the torque is incredible and I get 50+ MPG!!

4. Performance wise - the new ST is immense and the handling will be better hands down. You'll probably have more fun too!!!! :D Paint wise don't go near the Performance / Imp blue - undercoat is white and the paint is thin - I used to cry when I saw my bonnet sometimes as it was blue and white in places!!

Anyway - what ever you do you'll be sure to love the one you choose!!!!

J!! :D

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi jme,

My lovely black Civic has a white speck on the bonnet from stone chip.

It could be contagious :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
supanorm said:
I've taken the decision to cancel my order for the civic I made back in April.

Why?

Because of my work I've discovered that I can get £5k off a new Focus ST3 and I just cant turn that down.

Oh well, civics still a nice car.
Ban him! :lol:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
So how close was your delivery date anyway?
I'm sure it's no problem for Honda to sell that car in a heart beat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Saw two STs today in York.

I'm afraid that irrespective of how well the handle, how fast they go and how cheap they are, unless you get an orange one, they just look like a normal Focus with Max-Power wheels and a cheap chavy body kit.

Just my two penneth. :?

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I like my Civic, but there's no getting away from it - at £5k off list, an ST3 is a fairly attractive proposition!

Enjoy your new ride supanorm!

·
Registered
211 Posts
elfa7 said:
Hi jme,

My lovely black Civic has a white speck on the bonnet from stone chip.

It could be contagious :lol: :lol:
Believe me - it couldn't have been as bad as my ST - it was ridiculous!!! :lol:

I've got a black Civic too - 6500 miles and there are a few but nothing worth bothering about yet!! 8)

J :D

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
The thing is, the bonnet is so small its not going to cost a fortune to respray anyway.

8) 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked the ST up yesterday and its f****g gorgeous!

I mean it doesn't look chavvy at all despite what some people might think, it looks totally understated considering its power.

Oh the power is just beautiful, this thing is alive it just growls.

Build quality it great too, feels just as well put together as the civic but obviously hasn't had the imagination put into the design.

Quite interesting to find it doesn't have as much wind or road noise as the civic and ride feels smoother actually.

All in all a real dream car for me, just perfect and I just cant stop driving it.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Glad to hear you are pleased - at the end of the day as long as you are happy with your choice then good for you :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts