2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

I am planning to soundproof my boot in order to get less road noise from the rear wheels..
I want to put spt bomb covered with ak15 on all metal/plastic and some insulating felt on top of that.

You think it's worth the money(aprox 300 gbp) and that makes a difference in road noise or is just wasted time and money?Has anyone done this to his car?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
You may want to read the Sound deadener showdown page before you spend all that money. Less is more. Basically your approach is right. Remove the resonance from the panels (CLD tiles), add a decoupler and then seal with vinyl to eliminate noise in the cabin. The civic boot already has the first stage done from the factory but no real decoupler and definitely no sealed stage. Im going down thr sound insulation route in the summer at some point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are you telling that i don't need vibration damping in the boot....just noise reduction....To be frankly I'm not sure about vibration damping in the boot...there are a lot of places laking it.I wanted to buy some mastic to dampen the rear wheel arches from the outside...too bad honda didnt put some sound dampenening in that area.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
There are some vibration damping squares already in my FN2 from factory in the boot and on the arches. You can try tapping the panels as they should ideally make a muted thud as opposed to a mettalic harsh noise. For me the main sources of noise are the non lined window seals and noise from the floor and rear quarter panels. Compare the inner edge of the civic window seal to that of a similar age Astra.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts