2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Dave and this is my first post on the forum after owning my 2.2 i-ctdi for about 12 months now.

My car has the factory option Bluetooth kit, which appears to be the standard head unit with the addition of a unit with 3 buttons and a blue light mounted in the driver's door pillar. I have this connected to my Sony Experia J mobile phone which works well using hands-free for calls. I assumed that whilst connected this way I would also be able to use my phone as a source for music etc, but nothing happens. I would like to be able to use the output from my phone whilst running Navigation and to get the sound from the phone to come out of the car speakers and mute the stereo as it does when I receive a call.

Is there a way that I can achieve this? It seems daft that I can only use it for calls after it costing a few hundred quid when bought. I have considered using the AUX input but that appears to be only for a CD stacker and there doesn't seem to be a headphone socket input anywhere on the car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The 9G option bluetooth is normally an LCD screen with a rotary control dial near the base of the dial cluster.
The 8G has the old style A pillar mounted bluetooth unit. Both types mute the speakers during use and the sound comes out of the front left speaker only. Both types don't have the capability for music streaming.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
To get music streaming you have to go aftermarket (brands like Parrot).
The 9G has music streaming standard (on factory built in bluetooth models only).

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Dave and this is my first post on the forum after owning my 2.2 i-ctdi for about 12 months now.

My car has the factory option Bluetooth kit, which appears to be the standard head unit with the addition of a unit with 3 buttons and a blue light mounted in the driver's door pillar. I have this connected to my Sony Experia J mobile phone which works well using hands-free for calls. I assumed that whilst connected this way I would also be able to use my phone as a source for music etc, but nothing happens. I would like to be able to use the output from my phone whilst running Navigation and to get the sound from the phone to come out of the car speakers and mute the stereo as it does when I receive a call.

Is there a way that I can achieve this? It seems daft that I can only use it for calls after it costing a few hundred quid when bought. I have considered using the AUX input but that appears to be only for a CD stacker and there doesn't seem to be a headphone socket input anywhere on the car.

Thanks.
Is this a 8G or 9G Civic ?

If 8G I'll move it

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
There's no factory kit which fits to the a-pillar!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
There is for the 8G in Australia. We missed out on the steering wheel bluetooth, but got the A pillar mounted unit.

Same with the Accord (Euro), it had the A pillar unit until the 2012 model year.

The 9G has an optional bluetooth kit with LCD screen for those models without it originally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts