2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do anyone know those door trim installation parts oem code to buy proper ones from internet. I also planning to make sound isolation and in turkey plastic parts can be broken a bit easier because of heat affect on plastics. I am sure some of them will break.
Additionally I have some trim noise from doors. How can I get rid of it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Too much time later I am about to do my sound isolation job. Unfortunately things go very slow because of unexpected issues about car or something unrelated with the car. I purchased sound isolation material from internet. I specified a road to measure inside sound level of my car. I used my phone to measure it with sound meter app. Maybe it is not proper device to do it but I think I will do it with same device and same app later. It must show development I think.
Here is 110 km/h speed measurement. I am planning to go same place and do same speed to compare it.

This is somewhere different with better tarmac and 80 km/h speed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yesterday I finished my doors with 6 mm sound isolation material I bought from an online shop. I started from right back door and then front then left back. Back doors was easier because of big area to reach inside it and front doors were harder to reach and work. Left side done better but I couldn't take photo's. Today I am planning to finish floor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
After half day work of 3 days I could finish it. I was afraid of breaking something and cause bad results but at the end I dare to do it with knowledge of this topic. So thank you Rasmus. Here my last picturese and comments. ( I didn't take photos from my trunk work. )

I don't know long it has been with me.

I think this part is not need to be reworked. But I applied my material because I already removed this parts.

I didn't know I can vantilate to back side until I see these.

I could not reinstall these are correctly

MEASUREMENT PART
I went today which I had taken first measurement with soundmeter android app on xaomi redmi 6 mobile. It was 69 db before the work I have done. And after that work it was not stable db. It was showing between 71 db and 65 db all the time between 116 120 km/h speeds.

Then I turn back to home. I made a measurement out there to at the other side of the same road. Allmost same tarmac. This is with 120 km/h

and this is 144 km/h

After all I can say that most important part of isolation on this car is doors and trunk with rear fender parts which are not isolated by honda. I can easily say that I hear lesser sound from back when I run in to holes which are very much in our country. That is really noticeable. During my test I couldn't be sure about sound level inside the car but I can easily hear that now, I can hear more wind noise inside car and all of it comes from upper side of the car. So I can say that isolation worked on down side and noise coming from upper part is more obvious now and car is 2 or 3 db quieter generally.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts