2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I get a sound of water sloshing around in passenger door of my 2007 new model type R

Any of you know why there is this sound? Is it anything to do with the airconditioning? and is it the symptom of a fault and if so what should I do to get it sorted?

Thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Yep, Honda stopped putting the rubber bungs in a couple of years back, as the water wasn't draining out of the doors.
Pull them all out and hang onto the car, as you may get washed away.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Also, if you have a full tank of fuel, that will definitely make that sound.

Reactions: !rtype!

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Mine were already out, but it did lead me to wonder how much corrosion protection is applied inside the doors if that much water passes through.

Answer....not a bloody lot if any !!!!!!!!

So removed the doors cards & I applied a thick coating of Hammerite wax oil in there so the bottom of my doors don't drop off in bits.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Also, if you have a full tank of fuel, that will definitely make that sound.
The fuel tank is under the drivers seat so it wont make a sound near the passengers door.

As already been explained its to do with the rubber bungs that werent removed.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Mine is a 2010 model and it has the bungs in on both sides is it best to remove these then ?
the 09 -> Civics have a different set up with a weather strip and should not have the same issues as the older models... I would not remove this unless you are having issues with water in the doors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts