2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used any of the following or has any feedback on any paticular reccomendation.

Going to spend £1200 on a decent car audio upgrade, wanted to know if any of these below would add sound quality/ make integration job easier / ie cant remove headunit, so max it out with a flat response in equaliser type device.

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty
Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource.

J and L audio Cleansweep
JL Audio JLCL441DSP from Car Audio Warehouse

Car Audio Direct - The UK's leading car audio and stereo resource. AudioControl LC8 - AudioControl AUD-LC8

Alpine HXE 650
Alpine - PXE-H650 PXE-H650 System Integration Audio Processor
Al & Ed's Autosound .:Xtreme Your Ride:. - PXEH650
MMSA News: Car Audio - CD Players - Alpine Introduces IMPRINT Technology

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ok found an awesome review of the new alpine "imprint" pxe h650

Alpine h650 initial impressions - Diy Mobile Audio

3sixty vs cleansweep here
Cleansweep or 3sixty.1? - Diy Mobile Audio

On the forthcoming JBL MS-8
JBL's MS-8 processor! - Diy Mobile Audio

about tuning (if you buy a signal processor) :

Setting up a PC based loudspeaker measurement system - Diy Mobile Audio

for me its either this one or the 3sixty.2 and NOT the cleansweep as reviews I've read say the alpine and the 3sixty are better solutions for factory head unit integration.

Anyone got any ideas before i part with the cash?

thanks

ps apparently the JBL ms-8 due which is supposed to be the nuts, but i want my audio upgrade done now.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Interesting review on the Alpine. I'd go for that one; I had an Alpine HU that did all the time correction and parametric stuff that that does and it was stunning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All the products you have listed are of excellent quality.

I personally am using the AudioControl LC6 in my vehicle (always have). These products are worth the buck as they allow you to extend the capabilities of you ICE without have to mutilate your beautifully integrated in-dash head unit and information display/multi-function steering wheel.

The RF360 is a beautiful piece of equipment. However, here in SA we find the AudioControl products to be a tad bit cheaper and still get the job done just as well.

The LC6 also provides a high quality clean signal to your amplifier which is stable up to 9 volt RMS.

Go for it!!! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts