2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Everyone,

I am new to Civinfo and a happy owner of a 5D Civic 1.8 VIII 2007 that I bought 6 months ago. The version is Executive (glassroof+satnav).

As you know the factory satnav sound system sucks big time so time has come to upgrade some parts of it. I am considering selling the car next year and removing the extra parts, so I tend to the following configuration:

(1) Adding an amp (e.g., JBL GX-604 ([email protected] Ohms) at around 120 euro or 106 gbp),
(2) Upgrading the front speakers only (Focal or Pioneer 165 to match the amp) along with MDF speakers rings ( around 20 euro or 18 gbp).
(3) Adding an active subwoofer under the back seats (Kenwood KSC-SW11 at around 120 euro or 106 gbp),
(4) Serious cabling + the “big grounding kit”, and
(5) Dynamat in the front doors inside-out (250 euro in total installed by an expert).

Practicality is maintained (I load a lot of stuff in the boot and the back seats for I often travel for mountain bike/ski/windsurfing), and everything (except (5)) can be removed when I’m going to sell the car.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
The stock speakers are very decent with a double din head unit - I couldn't believe how great they sounded - finally some bass!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts