2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a very irritating sound when closing my doors, especially the back doors. It sounds like a small metal part vibrating.
Don't know if the sound is coming from underneath the car or from the wheelhouse....

Anyone experienced something like this? :confused:

Swora

·
Registered
208 Posts
check the screw holding the hinge - this one which prevent from opening doors to wide - mine use to unscrew from time to time and it knocks when opening and closing.

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
check the screw holding the hinge - this one which prevent from opening doors to wide - mine use to unscrew from time to time and it knocks when opening and closing.
i second this, common on most cars hope that sorts it pal.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Check the heat shield ahead of the exhaust back-box. Mine gives a short metallic rattle when I close the doors on my CTR.

If you can get under the car give it a tap or flick. Should sound the same.

It's on the to-do list for my first service.....

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Honda here in Stockholm and they wanted me to leave it for today :)()
Also told them that my interior lighting in the back gives a rattling sound when driving and that one of my descant speakers seems to have a loose wire or something....
Feel kinda alone right now without my car :p

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to Honda here in Stockholm and they wanted me to leave it for today :)()
Also told them that my interior lighting in the back gives a rattling sound when driving and that one of my descant speakers seems to have a loose wire or something....
Feel kinda alone right now without my car :p
They told me that the sound from closing doors comes from a valve in the back. And that all civics have that sound....
They couldn´t find anything that caused the rattling sound witch comes from the interior light in the back and nothing on the descant speaker either. "It does make noise when you're playing loud music"

Then why did only the left speaker make strange noises?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts