2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would share this.

I bought a LOT of soundproofing off ebay, Its pretty much the same as dynamat only a lot cheaper.

I was following the guide to change rear speakers when i decided to make a speaker enclosure out of just soundproofing. the results were astounding, now ALL of the sound is directed into the car and it is a much deeper and richer noise.

basically instead of just proofing around the ring and the interior of the quarter panel i cut strips and made a "box" layered up totally enclosing the speaker.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes although take a look at these pics. the stock speakers are truly poor.

I was originally just going to keep them and soundproof them up but after looking at them i quickly changed my mind.

Attachments

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Good choice of Magic Tree. Vanillaroma all the way! ;-)

Reactions: crowmar kirkliss

·
Registered
58 Posts
im not exagerating when i say it sounds a thousand times better.
Placebo , as it can't be true, You see, for good low frequencies, the speaker needs room, and car door has a plenty of that, the only problem is that, it stats to resonate as it is not covered with dynamat etc. So as You killed the speaker room, You killed also low frequencies.

That's way a good speaker boxes are always big and heavy too...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, the idea is to seal up the door cavity so it acts like an enclosure. Some installers even use a rubber gasket on the speaker surround to ensure it's tight.

Did you sound proof both the inner and outer door skin?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the idea is to seal up the door cavity so it acts like an enclosure. Some installers even use a rubber gasket on the speaker surround to ensure it's tight.

Did you sound proof both the inner and outer door skin?

Yeah i did but as mentioned by the poster before you i think i enclosed it a bit to tight. Im going to take it off and give it some more room for the sound to resonate.

Ive got about a mile of soundproofing left so that aint a problem.

I was going to do the boot but im not sure about taking all th plastic trim out tbh. might just leave it.

All in all i have 6.5 components in the front, 6.5 woofers in the back and a sub box with two 10" subs one on top one on the front.

It sounds amazing, the subs only little but ive had to turn the gain and volume down on the amp and the bass controller down on the headunit as its so loud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts