2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a FN2 owner from Hong Kong.
Unfortunately, I smashed my car against the concrete wall(sort of) after I lost control of the car. I was playing around with the lift-off oversteer and the road was a bit greasy. Yes, I am a complete idiot. Fortunately, the road is empty and no one gets hurt. Good lesson learned. :(
The right front/rear bumpers, right front wing, right head lamp, curtain airbag, side airbag...etc have to be replaced. I am wondering if there is any company that will ship parts to Hong Kong at a reasonable price.
I find a web site(Original Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda). Would there be any cheaper alternative? Thx. :eek:

·
cooks chix&b.bean sauce
1,399 Posts
Hiya,

Where abouts in HK are you from? My family is from Tai Po.
Hmmm......that is an interesting question and i also thought that it may be cheaper to get geunine Honda parts in HK. But I thought that the FN wasnt available outside Europe so parts may be hard to get? Correct me if im wrong

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Hiya,

Hmmm......that is an interesting question and i also thought that it may be cheaper to get geunine Honda parts in HK. But I thought that the FN wasnt available outside Europe so parts may be hard to get? Correct me if im wrong
The FN2 was sold in Japan... Wouldnt it be cheaper to source them from Japan?

·
Registered
133 Posts
all i see in HK is FD2's... especially in Tai Po area as CTR-Girl states! lol, very ironic! i think FN2 parts will be expensive over there, just like FD2 parts would be in UK.. again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Good look anyway pal!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My Family from Sha Tin, when i went over i never saw any FN2, i went to taiwan and apparently they dont sell any Type R, i spoke to my cousins friend over there and he said he is shocked to find someone that drives an FN2. because to import one its about 2 or 3 times the price tag!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to meet you all. Thx for the response.
Funny that quite a few of you are from Hong Kong.

I can source the parts from Japan but I am afraid it won't be cheap either, given the strong Yen now. That's why I import my FN2 from UK instead of Japan.;)

It's Chinese New Year now and everybody is on vacation. I'll try to get a quote from local parts store later.
I found one online parts store in Hong Kong. The price is a lot more expensive. Let's say for example, the head light costs US$425 in HK but it only costs US$152 in the UK parts store. It's still cheaper to buy from UK even after I add the shipping cost. Maybe I am missing something.;)
HK: Super GT Limited - Online Shop
UK: 2008 HONDA CIVIC 2.0 TYPE R HEADLIGHT - Original Honda Parts | Lings Honda | Honda Cars

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We can source and ship very easily. We have recently done this for a guy in Barbados with an EP3

Do you have a complete list of parts you need and I can quote you.

Thanks
Not yet. I'll have to sort it out with my garage this Saturday. There maybe some components that sit along side the front bumper are damaged too. Front grille is gone already.

Also we'll need to find out what components have to be replaced for the side airbag and curtain airbag. My garage told me that the airbags, SRS unit, seat belt, pillar panels... etc are on the list. It would be nice if someone has a full list. :)

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
im gng hk in may for 2 weeks living in tai po too :D

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
my family live in Sai Kung :) I was over there last CNY and will be going in May..but never see any FN2's as stated :(

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Hiya,

Im from Tai Po too :)

HK parts are expensive dude..best getting it from japan

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
I didnt see one FN2 when i was in kowloon loads of FD2's tho

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh feel for you mate my family stay in Tai Tung Village near Ma on Shan never seen a FN2 in HKG yet loads of FD2's and tegs:).

Check this link out not sure if geemac has items left or that am sure he can sort you out with some parts.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/items-sale/68976-stripping-my-car-rages-arches-type-r-stuff.html
Thx for the link mate. I appreciate very much.
Too bad that he is not selling the parts that I need.

There are loads of FD2 in Hong Kong. Only idiots like me will go for FN2 instead.:rolleyes:

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Shame you bought the wrong one hehe

There is a Honda garage in the sha tin plaza beside the toyota garage..they might be able to help you if you have the right part numbers..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We can source and ship very easily. We have recently done this for a guy in Barbados with an EP3

Do you have a complete list of parts you need and I can quote you.

Thanks
Hi Tegiwa Imports,

Would you mind to send me([email protected]) a quote? Here is the parts list. Thx.

83740-SMR-E03ZA

04811-SMT-E31ZA

78050-SMR-000

81450-SMR-E11ZA

81455-SMR-E11ZA

74115-SMT-E00ZC

74410-SMT-E01ZC

71122-SMT-E01ZA

71101-SMG-E00ZH

71104-SMG-E00ZH

33901-SMG-E02

71130-SMG-E01ZZ

33101-SMG-E01

33151-SMG-E01

71140-SMG-E00

71190-SMG-E00

76840-SMT-E01

77960-SMT-E11

78870-SMR-G81

42100-SMT-E04

71503-SMR-E00

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.