2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Honda Civic 1.5 Sport
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a space saver wheel from coxmotorparts but it doesnt have any fitting instructions. Ive tried to bolt it down but its leaving about 1cm gap when fully tight so its not securing the wheel down. Any idea how its meant to secure down or have I been sent the wrong bolt and/or wheel?

The car has 17 inch wheels but the space saver ive been sent it 16 inch.

The wheel also came with a couple of other parts which I cant figure out where they go. One is a “support, spare tire” and the other is “spare tire cover”.

Can someone please help.

Attachments

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,487 Posts
Did you buy the specific kit for the 10G for your model.

There are 2 10G variants depending on whether you have the centre exhausts, or not.

My 9G kit came with 3 foam blocks to raise the wheel off the floor. If it hadn't had the blocks I'd have had your problem.

Oh, and moved to 10G

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I contacted coxmotorparts who have sent me instructions. I have now fitted and secured it. See the attachments for the instructions.

However, in the instructions it says to remove the carpet completely before putting in the wheel. I just made a cut out on the required areas instead.

Attachments

·
4,773 Posts
Exactly what I did after recovering the boot liner from my dealer:laugh2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would like a spare wheel too for my new 1.0 EX hatch. I can find Roadhero kits but they are more expensive than the official Honda part from Coxmotorparts. One thing though - does the central threaded bolt have to be used or will it be ok without? I don't really want to start drilling into the car when it's so new...

·
4,773 Posts
You just have to cut a hole in the carpet. The illustrations in a couple of posts above show you how it's done.
As said before. The 'official' way is to remove the carpet, but just get Mr Stanley to it and cut the other rectangular hole at the back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Space saver

Just fitted mine. Ordered through local Honda dealer (Gloucester) and came next day. Large box, no instructions. Couldn't work out where black metal bracket went until I put the threaded rod in and found it wouldn't do up. If you place the wheel face down on the floor of the well pushed back into the obvious indent, a felt tip marker through the central hole is a good place to cut your first hole. Little black plug unscrews to reveal the bolt hole. Then cut directly towards you up to the hatch lock panel and pulling the carpet apart will reveal the four bolts for the support bracket. It is angled so bolt it on the right way round! There isn't as much room around the wheel as there was in the 9th Gen, so some of my clutter is now back in the garage.

Of course if I'd remembered my password and looked on here first I would have saved myself 20 mins!:laugh2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Would this fit in my wheel well?

Thanks

Paul:smile3:

·
4,773 Posts
No. especially as you have a Sport as your profile indicates. The wheel is about 250mm wide (thick). Measure your wheel well depth to find out by how much it won't fit. The diameter should be OK though.
Well, it will, but it'll take up a lot of boot space and you will have to craft a new boot floor.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Not a space saver but for sure a better option and my guess better value than a new space saver https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113195793117?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Would this fit in my wheel well?

Thanks

Paul:smile3:

No but it would fit in the boot, it might fit in a non sort wheel well but I still suspect it would be a little higher than the drop panel but as we have a Sport and Type R I could not check. However having had 2 x punctures on the Type R that have basically parked the car at home until the wheel is repaired I have learnt having a full sized spare wheel does help especially on the R as it is not a common tyre size.

Either way the tyre new would cost around £100 fitted so for the very minor damage on the alloy that has done only 3000 miles this is good value etc.

·
4,773 Posts
it might fit in a non sort wheel well but I still suspect it would be a little higher than the drop panel
No it won't. Not with the original boot floor. The wheel well is about 6 1/2 inches deep and the full size wheel is about 10 inches thick. So it is going to raise the boot floor by about 4 inches and that's for a non Sport/R model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I contacted coxmotorparts who have sent me instructions. I have now fitted and secured it. See the attachments for the instructions.

However, in the instructions it says to remove the carpet completely before putting in the wheel. I just made a cut out on the required areas instead.
My Space saver arrived today...looking at the contents, I see a bracket (65558-TGL-E00) that bolts on. from your pictures...does it comes with bolts for it in the box? Mine seems to be missing

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Space saver arrived today...looking at the contents, I see a bracket (65558-TGL-E00) that bolts on. from your pictures...does it comes with bolts for it in the box? Mine seems to be missing
The bolts are already under the carpet where u need to screw the bracket. Make a small cut out and you will see them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ask you all: Is 16 inch Accord Tourer 2007 spacesaver wheel suitable for 10G Civic 1.0 ? Has anybody tried that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts