2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

The tyre is not low profile so the rolling radius is about the same(ish).
Apart from that, your maths is wrong. The wheel is 16 inches diameter, so if your theory were to be remotely true, it would only miss the ground by 1/2 inch not an inch. 馃槏 馃ぃ

Registered
Not when I bought the one for my prestige it doesn't. Because it doesn't have the central exhaust so doesn't need the raised floor. The raised floor one is for the Sport etc. (and probably costs more)
You need to cut two holes, onre for the bolt down and the other for the bracket. The Honda instructions say to remove and discard the well liner. Stupid idea.
Any chance you have a picture of the cut out of the wheel well liner that would help alot with my cutting

Not without taking my car to bits, And what good is a pic of a boot linet with a couple of holes in it anyway.
It's all dead obvious when you have the liner out and the other bits in your hand.
For the round hole, I measured it then used an awl to determine the accuracy of my measuring then a hollow punch to make the hole. The rectangular hole is easy peasy because you can trim it out bit by bit.

Not trying to be awkward Rhys, but it's just that I will have to take out my boot liner, take out the floor, take out all the junk I have stashed around the spare, then finally undo that bloody long screw to take out the spare.;)
And if you follow the Honda instructions, you throw the wheel well liner away anyway. :eek: I had to do a 16 mile round trip to get it back off my dealer. Not best pleased on that one.
It's Simples. Honest. :love:

Registered
Not trying to be awkward Rhys, but it's just that I will have to take out my boot liner, take out the floor, take out all the junk I have stashed around the spare, then finally undo that bloody long screw to take out the spare.;)
And if you follow the Honda instructions, you throw the wheel well liner away anyway. :eek: I had to do a 16 mile round trip to get it back off my dealer. Not best pleased on that one.
It's Simples. Honest. :love:
No worries mate...it's ok. I'm just being lazy...lol. Your info/instructions is more than enough to help me along...at least I know not to throw the liner away now. Much Appreciated.:love:(y)

Registered
Not when I bought the one for my prestige it doesn't. Because it doesn't have the central exhaust so doesn't need the raised floor. The raised floor one is for the Sport etc. (and probably costs more)
You need to cut two holes, onre for the bolt down and the other for the bracket. The Honda instructions say to remove and discard the well liner. Stupid idea.
Hey bud, it's me again. The goods arrived today. Was wondering the 'U' shape bracket part (65558-TGL-E00) that bolts on the the boot floor, does yours come with the screws/bolts in the package or do I need to get some?

I really don't know, as my dealer fitted mine. I just had to recover the liner from his skip and cut the holes and refit the liner.

Registered
I really don't know, as my dealer fitted mine. I just had to recover the liner from his skip and cut the holes and refit the liner.
Its probably bolted on in the boot already, reading the installation guide seems it's in there alrteady ( i hope). I just checked the contents...havent really look in the boot yet. Thx for the help.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts