2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just ordered a 9G EX GT, will the ss wheel from my 8G EX fit my new car? both have 17" wheels
Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi all
Just ordered a 9G EX GT, will the ss wheel from my 8G EX fit my new car? both have 17" wheels
Cheers
Andy
Yes Andy,

The wheel will fit, we have had a few customers who have changed their wheel on handover - we re-fit the wheel into the new car while the paperwork is being completed. 10 Minute job at best !!!

Michael

·
Registered
429 Posts
I just dropped mine in the boot well after handover. I never thought to ask the dealer to drill a hole in the floor and screw it in.

Perhaps I should get it done properly at its first service. On the other hand its one less place for water to enter and I can also remove it in an emergency much more quickly. It does not move around.

·
Driving on bad roads
175 Posts
I just dropped mine in the boot well after handover. I never thought to ask the dealer to drill a hole in the floor and screw it in.

Perhaps I should get it done properly at its first service. On the other hand its one less place for water to enter and I can also remove it in an emergency much more quickly. It does not move around.
I think there is a hole with a thread there , you just have to make a small X cut of the fabric in the middle and screw the holding bolt there .
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels-tyres-suspension-brakes/28845-help-fitting-spacesaver-kit.html

I did installed the ss wheel this way in my 8-th gen.
The 9-th gen Sport here is with ss wheel

Regards: Martin

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never bothered using the fitting kit on my 8G I just chucked it in the well in the boot!,I suppose I'll do the same with my 9G on monday

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Anyone else see the alcho-witch on watchdog last night? the latest thing for them to get their teeth into is the fact that most new cars dont have spares and seemingly now, every puncture you get and subsequent delay is the fault of the evil car manufacturer.

Hilariously, she even thinks it ok to blame the 2 hour delay someone had for the rac to come and fix a tyre on the fact that the manufacturer didnt supply a spare! surely thats the fault of the incompetant recovery service?

Greenflag complaining that they've seen a 20% rise is call outs due to punctures and no spares - err, why complain,? it's your job!!! you should be pleased you're busy surely?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I don't think it was the fact that the cars didn't have a spare tyre - it was the fact that the drivers didn't know there was no spare tyre - just goes to show that people aren't bothered what they buy these days - they pay their money and drive away. They don't bother to look what is/isn't in the boot.

I'm sorry but if I'm spending £20,000 I will damn well make sure I know what I'm getting, or not

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL,the amount of cars I see on hard shoulders waiting to have wheel changed is amazing!,a lot of them have got the thing jacked up and the spare out waiting for the nice man with the flashing lights to turn up.
You have to wait two hours for him because hes sorting another muppet out who cant change a wheel down the road!!!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I don't think it was the fact that the cars didn't have a spare tyre - it was the fact that the drivers didn't know there was no spare tyre - just goes to show that people aren't bothered what they buy these days - they pay their money and drive away. They don't bother to look what is/isn't in the boot.

I'm sorry but if I'm spending £20,000 I will damn well make sure I know what I'm getting, or not
we get that day in , day out in this job. weeks after handing over a car, the exact spec to what the customer ordered ,

"but it hasnt got an X,Y,Z"

"you never asked for an X,Y,Z"

"well, you should have told me, I wouldn't have bought one if i'd known it didn't have one. how much discount are you going to give me to have one fitted?....."

etc etc etc

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Anyone else see the alcho-witch on watchdog last night? the latest thing for them to get their teeth into is the fact that most new cars dont have spares and seemingly now, every puncture you get and subsequent delay is the fault of the evil car manufacturer.

Hilariously, she even thinks it ok to blame the 2 hour delay someone had for the rac to come and fix a tyre on the fact that the manufacturer didnt supply a spare! surely thats the fault of the incompetant recovery service?

Greenflag complaining that they've seen a 20% rise is call outs due to punctures and no spares - err, why complain,? it's your job!!! you should be pleased you're busy surely?
I agree that manufacturers should provide spare tyres but don't think it's fair to blame delays on them!
I see what they're getting at - the driver in question wouldn't have had a two hour delay if they had a spare available AND were able to fit it... the problem is that so many people driving can't do the latter that it's laughable.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,435 Posts
And this is why the driving test should be overhauled to include knowledge and training about fault finding and fixing on a vehicle, not just how to move a gear stick without looking at it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
But don't you think the salesman should point this out when demonstrating the car? Perhaps to embarrassed, surely customers should be given the option of buying one.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I think they are - I was....

I was told that there is no spare wheel and there is a puncture repair kit in the boot, the salesman then ticked a box indicating he had told me - then ticked a second box when I asked for a spare wheel to be included to which he explained it would be a space saver

I think people just get carried away with the buying experience that they are not actually absorbing what is being said

Reactions: NH Dan

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,259 Posts
Your right, it can be overwhelming.

What I would find annoying would be to find that a car had no provision for even a space saver so it had to be left loose in the boot.

All this nonsense just so manufacturers can comply with emissions regulations !!!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
But don't you think the salesman should point this out when demonstrating the car? Perhaps to embarrassed, surely customers should be given the option of buying one.
Embarrassed?? about what? someones inability to ask a question?

"it doesn't have a spare wheel, can I get a space saver?, how much is it?"

not exactly mastermind is it?

Check your service book, in the brown section at the front, the handover park - there's a box regarding SPARE WHEEL/TRK/IMS which gets ticked then signed for by the customer - every option to enquire there I think you'll find.

Attachments

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You do have to remember that there's a difference in the quality of salespersons however - sometimes even in the same dealership. Whilst the objective is to sell a car, it's just good practice to ensure the customer is fully aware of what they're getting. "If they don't ask then they don't get told" is not the attitude I would take.

I definitely was not asked regarding a spacesaver on the second Civic I bought. I didn't enquire as I already knew the score but IMO that doesn't mean the question shouldn't be raised by the seller.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
It is most certainly down to the individual sales person. When I was buying my first Civic (used) from a Honda dealer I was made aware of the situation with regards to spare or lack of and the location of the puncture repair kit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts