1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
You also have to remove the disc protector on the back and the caliper for good access.. It also depends how corroded in they are as well to how well the studs will release. Good use of penetrating oil here and soak for at least 24hrs has worked for me.. Good "whack" with a hefty steel mallet should release and drive the splined stud out from the hub. I have managed to change studs out on other cars before no problem without taking the hub off, just never done it myself on a civic..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You also have to remove the disc protector on the back and the caliper for good access.. It also depends how corroded in they are as well to how well the studs will release. Good use of penetrating oil here and soak for at least 24hrs has worked for me.. Good "whack" with a hefty steel mallet should release and drive the splined stud out from the hub. I have managed to change studs out on other cars before no problem without taking the hub off, just never done it myself on a civic..
Thanks, sounds like a little bit more hassle than I was hoping. Was going to opt for a 5mm spacer but as it is without spacers I've only got 8.5 turns on my wheel nuts. Probably something to do whenever I replace the rear disks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts