2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

Has anyone got a picture of an FN2, that is running on standard springs/suspension but has spacers fitted?

I'd like to get an idea of how that looks!

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Frogster, you got the freakyparts spacers too. Did you torque the spacers to the hub, threadlock the new studs into the spacers fingertight, then torque up the wheel nuts? Had mine over a month now and still haven't put them on :( I have a trolley jack and two axle stands, not sure where to start.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Frogster, you got the freakyparts spacers too. Did you torque the spacers to the hub, threadlock the new studs into the spacers fingertight, then torque up the wheel nuts? Had mine over a month now and still haven't put them on :( I have a trolley jack and two axle stands, not sure where to start.
Exactly - one wheel at a time:

1. take the wheel off and check if spacer will fit nicely - in my case i had to clean two hubs of the corrosion deposit to make spacers fit nicely (which is good - it means they are made to tight tolerance).

2. test the studs if they are going in smooth in to specer (to avoid unpleasant surprise with threadlock applied.

3. attach spacer to the hub with supplied flat nuts (didn't use torque wrench there - just do it really tight).

4. applied threadlock in to studs (about 3mm) and screw in fingertight one by one.

5. Put the wheel on and making sure wheel goes in properly (cross / opposite nuts tightening) i tight up using torque wrench set up as requested in instruction (94 Nm i think).

Its nice and pleasant job and car looks so much better. Do it over the weekend! :) I was so keen to fit them i was working in puring rain! ;-D

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Exactly - one wheel at a time:

1. take the wheel off and check if spacer will fit nicely - in my case i had to clean two hubs of the corrosion deposit to make spacers fit nicely (which is good - it means they are made to tight tolerance).

2. test the studs if they are going in smooth in to specer (to avoid unpleasant surprise with threadlock applied.

3. attach spacer to the hub with supplied flat nuts (didn't use torque wrench there - just do it really tight).

4. applied threadlock in to studs (about 3mm) and screw in fingertight one by one.

5. Put the wheel on and making sure wheel goes in properly (cross / opposite nuts tightening) i tight up using torque wrench set up as requested in instruction (94 Nm i think).

Its nice and pleasant job and car looks so much better. Do it over the weekend! :) I was so keen to fit them i was working in puring rain! ;-D
Just going off your instructions are there 2 sets of nuts with the spacers to attach them to the hub?

Also yeah I'm into photography but I'm only entry level at the moment, I have a 700D with an EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens

But yeah those photos are top notch! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Don't know what spacers you planning to fit - i got Freaky Parts spacers and they supply everything you need apart from threadlock - you need to buy this yourself before fitting. I just get one from halfords (could be blue or red, i got red).

I bought 4 spacers and there was 20 nuts and 20 studs in the box.
You simply use supplied bolts to attach spacers to hub and your normal wheel nuts to attach your wheel to spacers (normally - like wheels to hubs).

Photography - get yourself some nice prime lens - this will be big learning curve and motivation whan you see your photos done with prime lens :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts