2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just fitted my spacesaver that I have had on my 8G and 9G onto our new 10G good news is they fit on all four corners and spin freely. Also I have a spare set of alloy wheels from a 8g that Ive got winter tyres on also fit the 10g and spin freely on all four corners, they have 205-55-R16 tyres on so will change these to 215-55-R16 that are on the entry level 10G.

Hope this helps :smile3:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't have temporary wheel on my previous 8G, but now I want it for new 10G. Good to know that previous spare wheel is good, please could you explain which size the tire is?

·
4,004 Posts
It goes in the hole, but you would need to raise the boot floor. You have to raise the floor on those cars with a central exhaust anyway, even with a space saver.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Anyone interested in a full size wheel, I know of 8 for sale. All with nearly new tyres

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Veedub
525 Posts
I picked my 68 Reg Sports plus up this morning thinking that the new spacesaver I bought less than a year ago for my 9G SR would fit into the spare wheel housing,,, WRONG, I never once considered the central exhausts would get in the way. Does anybody know whether there is a specific wheel type I can get for my particular model. I hate being without a spare wheel. ?

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
I picked my 68 Reg Sports plus up this morning thinking that the new spacesaver I bought less than a year ago for my 9G SR would fit into the spare wheel housing,,, WRONG, I never once considered the central exhausts would get in the way. Does anybody know whether there is a specific wheel type I can get for my particular model. I hate being without a spare wheel.
You need the Honda kit, it comes with a new boot floor which is raised to accommodate the wheel.
If you have a wheel, you may just be able to buy the floor.

·
Veedub
525 Posts
You need the Honda kit, it comes with a new boot floor which is raised to accommodate the wheel.
If you have a wheel, you may just be able to buy the floor.

Brilliant, thanks for the info, any idea on costs???

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts

Can get 5% off this price.

I'll have a look at the part number for the boot floor and get back to you.

·
Veedub
525 Posts
I have the wheel, jack and brace just taken from my 9G

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
You will find it cheaper to buy the whole spare wheel kit rather than buying just the boot floor.

The kit is specially priced.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts