2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a 9G Tourer and wanted to get a spacesaver spare as the car didn't come with one.

In the end I got one from eBay from a seller called motorm0nkey who sells spare wheels for a whole range of cars

Initially a 15 inch wheel was supplied which would not fit, howver without any fuss the seller (Marcuis) replaced this with athe correct 16 inch wheel and all was well. So it's nice to see a decent ebay seller.

So would thoroughly recommend him if you need a spacesaver, just try and make sure exactly which size you require as in this case the compatibility chart on the ebay page was less than accurate.

I have no connection with the seller other than as a happy customer btw.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello,

I have an offer for spare wheel saver, it's for Honda Accord, seller said it will fit on Civic. Dimensions are the same.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Hello,

I have an offer for spare wheel saver, it's for Honda Accord, seller said it will fit on Civic. Dimensions are the same.

What do you think?
Accord and civic share the same space saver. I bought one for an accord and it fits the civic perfectly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at getting a spacesaver for my civic tourer, does anyone know how much the dealerships are charging for them? I've seen an unused T135/80D16 for sale on ebay about 20miles away from me for £80, which seems very reasonable. I have a spare jack and wheel nut wrench already which will fit in the polystyrene cut outs under the boot floor.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at getting a spacesaver for my civic tourer, does anyone know how much the dealerships are charging for them? I've seen an unused T135/80D16 for sale on ebay about 20miles away from me for £80, which seems very reasonable. I have a spare jack and wheel nut wrench already which will fit in the polystyrene cut outs under the boot floor.
I have a lightweight 17" space saver if your interested. All depends on what wheel n tyre arrangement you have on the car already..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a lightweight 17" space saver if your interested. All depends on what wheel n tyre arrangement you have on the car already..
Thanks for the offer but I've already got the spare I saw for sale on ebay. Turns out the fella selling it has upgraded to a 10G type R and the with the stud spacing being a larger diameter it wouldn't fit his new car. Was far more local than I previously thought too. Hope you find a buyer for your alloy spacesaver! :smile3:

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Just glad that you are sorted out with one :)

I'm in no rush.. Just sits in my garage :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aye sorted with one, although I was quite liking the flap down storage space under the boot floor. It stops all the groceries "beer bottles" sliding about on the way home from the supermarket.

I might just leave it in the hallway for short journeys and only put it in the boot for longer trips or holidays away. It will sit quite nicely next to the mound of the girfriends shoes, might give her something to trip over for once! :laugh2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts